application denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• application denied

I am currently out of town and my wife received a letter from BCIS denying our application for AOS. We filed in October 2002 and I was fingerprinted in February 2004. On Friday she received a letter stating we had not shown up for our sepearte interviews. This denieal letter was certified. However, we never received any correspondence about interview dates. This is even more obvious because I applied for advanced parole in June, supposedly after receiveing the interview letter. It is obviously an error on BCIS' part. What are my options at this point? How do I prove I never receiveed the letter?

I am currently out of town and my wife received a letter from BCIS denying our application for AOS. We filed in October 2002 and I was fingerprinted in February 2004. On Friday she received a letter stating we had not shown up for our sepearte interviews. This denieal letter was certified. However, we never received any correspondence about interview dates. This is even more obvious because I applied for advanced parole in June, supposedly after receiveing the interview letter. It is obviously an error on BCIS' part. What are my options at this point? How do I prove I never receiveed the letter?

Comment

Sue them!

Comment

btrini,

did you move since you filed the application? What state do you live in?

Comment

My wife and I have lived at the same address since we have been married. I find it strange that the denial was certified and the initial letters were not.

Comment

It is also ironic that my on line case status has not changed since they first received my application. They claim it is being processed.

Comment

Has anyone experienced this situation?

Comment

Btrini,

That is not strange at all. Denials are often sent certified mail to be able to prove that you got the letter in case you end up in removal proceedings. Appointment letters never go certified mail. The cost of sending every appointment letter that way would unecessarily drain the CIS budget.

Comment

Okay, understood. Now, what should the poster do?
                  Have a nice day

Comment

File a motion to reopen or reconsider and pray. Possibly the appt was sent to the wrong address but the chances of that happening are slim if you claim you never moved.

Comment

I am not that surprised either. Many people don't get their letters. You can also go to your congressman. They have people specially devoted to handling these issues for you. I would do that today, not wait. Also make sure your motion is filed timely and with the proper fee.

Comment

Working...
                      X