Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice!

Hello Guys,

I am waiting for my GC and right now I am looking for ways to get my long time GF easily. If I file a petition (F2A) while I am a LPR it will take 4-5 years to complete the process. But if I wait for my Naturalization and we get married between 4-5 years will that be OK?

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Jayd_lowrider

Hello Guys,

I am waiting for my GC and right now I am looking for ways to get my long time GF easily. If I file a petition (F2A) while I am a LPR it will take 4-5 years to complete the process. But if I wait for my Naturalization and we get married between 4-5 years will that be OK?

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Jayd_lowrider

Comment

I do not think you are eligible to file for a petition for your GF being a green card holder. You can petition for her if she becomes your wife which I believe takes some years to process.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/spouselive.htm#Info2

However, you will be eligible to petition for her once you become a citizen (fiance visa) which usually takes under a year.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm#elig

Comment

If you have NOT gotten your GC yet you can marry you GF and apply for her GC as well.
        The date of the marriage has to be PRIOR to the approval date of the GC. After you get married you have to file I824 for her. I am going through this process right now for my husband.
        We got married outside of US. When I returned I filed I824.
        After my GC is approved USCIS will send a notice to the US embassy in the country where my husband resides to inform them that he is entitled to an immigrant visa.
        I will post more info upon any progress on our applications.

Comment

Hi tedun,

Thank you for your advice. I cannot marry my GF since I applied a GC based on my status. (i.e. Single, Unmarried sons and daughters of LPR). I was hoping to get advice, if its Ok to get married after my GC and file a petition for my future wife later after I become a USC.

Regards,
          jayd_lowrider

Comment

U can apply K1 Visa to her
            Iris cali

Comment

Working...
            X