Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARRIAGE PETITION/INS BENEFITS FRAUD

Hello people.
    I currently have a marriage petition pending and had my interview on 4/19. It is still in further review status.My wife is a US citizen and we have been together for 8yrs,married 7months.I came to the US legally and have a I-94.
    What is complicated is 10yrs ago my parents were misled by a public notary (who is in jail now) to file asylum and we didnt have to really file it.We came as visitors. I was a minor when all this went down. However we also had a Permanent Residence petition pending filed for by my moms brother. Thank God my parents were called in for that interview and they had therefore withdrwan the asylum application. The INS had eventually found out that the asylum was a fraud app and during the interview brought it up to my mom who admitted it. My parents were granted the green card despite the misrepresentation.During that time I turned 21 and was kicked out from the appliaction..I was stuck basically and didnt know what to do...I continued working with expired work permits and my work never really checked ...Had they checked of course I would have had to quit my job....
    While the officer was interviewing my wife and I on the interview date, she mentioned that my file had numerous conflicting reports (refering to the old asylum app). I volunteered info that I shouldnt have and told her that a notary had misled my parents into filing that application..She did say that was fraud but my attorny pointed out that I was a minor and the officer just said "hmmmm..I know....". Despite that she still asked to see our wedding photos...and then ended the interview sayint that it will be almost a month before they reply. I have posted this story before in the last week and would appreciate some views....

So far a lot of close freinds are saying that I should still be ok since I was a minor...Couple of lawyers said I may need to file a waiver but even they weren't sure themselves and said this was a very interesting case.My own attorney is saying little since he thinks anything they say will be mere speculation. Waiting is the hardest part so if any one can share somethin that would be great

Hello people.
    I currently have a marriage petition pending and had my interview on 4/19. It is still in further review status.My wife is a US citizen and we have been together for 8yrs,married 7months.I came to the US legally and have a I-94.
    What is complicated is 10yrs ago my parents were misled by a public notary (who is in jail now) to file asylum and we didnt have to really file it.We came as visitors. I was a minor when all this went down. However we also had a Permanent Residence petition pending filed for by my moms brother. Thank God my parents were called in for that interview and they had therefore withdrwan the asylum application. The INS had eventually found out that the asylum was a fraud app and during the interview brought it up to my mom who admitted it. My parents were granted the green card despite the misrepresentation.During that time I turned 21 and was kicked out from the appliaction..I was stuck basically and didnt know what to do...I continued working with expired work permits and my work never really checked ...Had they checked of course I would have had to quit my job....
    While the officer was interviewing my wife and I on the interview date, she mentioned that my file had numerous conflicting reports (refering to the old asylum app). I volunteered info that I shouldnt have and told her that a notary had misled my parents into filing that application..She did say that was fraud but my attorny pointed out that I was a minor and the officer just said "hmmmm..I know....". Despite that she still asked to see our wedding photos...and then ended the interview sayint that it will be almost a month before they reply. I have posted this story before in the last week and would appreciate some views....

So far a lot of close freinds are saying that I should still be ok since I was a minor...Couple of lawyers said I may need to file a waiver but even they weren't sure themselves and said this was a very interesting case.My own attorney is saying little since he thinks anything they say will be mere speculation. Waiting is the hardest part so if any one can share somethin that would be great

Comment

If you were a minor, than I wouldn't worry too much about it. All there really is to do is wait, which I can imagine is super hard considering your unique situation. If the fraudulent application was filed on your behalf and not by you yourself, then I don't think it would be fair hold it against you. But then again, fairness is not at the top of the list when it comes to immigration matters. Good luck. I wish I could offer you something more solid, but I don't know anything about it.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
      X