Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly married and lenght of time in obtaining a green card....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly married and lenght of time in obtaining a green card....

My friend next month will be getting married to a USC. She has overstayed her visa by about 7 years. Once she is married how long will it take to obtain a green card so that she may work and get a drivers license?

Best Regards

My friend next month will be getting married to a USC. She has overstayed her visa by about 7 years. Once she is married how long will it take to obtain a green card so that she may work and get a drivers license?

Best Regards

Comment

Depending on where in the country she will have her papers processed, it could take from 2-3 years before she actually gets her green card. However, when she turns in her packet to adjust status, she could include an application for a work permit. She would probably get the work permit within a few months. It would allow her to work while she is waiting for her green card. As far as a driver's license goes, it depends on the state where she lives.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Hi! Jade

you can visit the website below. it gives good information about immigrant visa, "green card" (family-based) adjustment of status.

it also explains local filing procedures and how transition to National Benefits Center (NBC) will affect filing and processing of applications.

http://www.mnllp.com/enginfoFAMIV.html

i hope this website helps. have a good evening!

Comment

Working...
        X