Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration help

Hello all,

I am student in US on F-1 visa from India, I got a job offer from a company and I have fill forms for the H1B visa and there is a question have you ever committed crime/arrest.

when I was 16yrs (it's been 9 yrs from then) I was once arrested though for Petite Larceny. Should I write my answer yes or no.

and if anyone had the same problem then how to solve this thing are they going to reject my visa?

please help,

Thanks,

Hello all,

I am student in US on F-1 visa from India, I got a job offer from a company and I have fill forms for the H1B visa and there is a question have you ever committed crime/arrest.

when I was 16yrs (it's been 9 yrs from then) I was once arrested though for Petite Larceny. Should I write my answer yes or no.

and if anyone had the same problem then how to solve this thing are they going to reject my visa?

please help,

Thanks,

Comment

The question is plain. How you answer should be plain too.

However, if you ask the question about consequences of your crime, the answer is "not likely to happen" because you were a minor at the time and I would assume you were tried as a minor as well.

While your answer may or may not be material, you have a criminal past and that's a factor the adjudicator is entitled to consider.

Better safe than sorry, I would think.

Consult with your lawyer, and be very careful what you say in this place.

Comment

You should be honest!

Comment

Hi Muktesh-
          What question are you talking about and on what form? None of the forms involved with filing a Change of Status to H-1B ask the question if you have ever been arrested. I think you are using the wrong form. I suggest you have a lawyer file the H-1B as it is very complicated. Do you even know which forms to fill?

Comment

Answer yes.

Comment

It happened in India or US?

Comment

@Mrs. Mani

Actually I am not filling my H1B, company will be doing it on my behalf and in there form they have asked me this question but I even heard that in DS-156 they do ask the same question.

@Tak

It happened in India

@ all

Thanks a lot for you suggestions and help

Comment

Doesn't matter where. Answer yes.

Comment

Muktesh- the H-1B forms DO NOT ask that question.

Are you in India? Will you be going to India now? Then why are you worrying about DS156 now? And what did you answer on the DS156 when you came here on the F-1?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muktesh:
                      Hello all,

please help,

Thanks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you asking questions about immigration on an anti-Obama website????

Comment

What was your answer on Ds-156....?
                        You must be honest in your answer.....?
                        I think that from is from the comoany...not the uscis form....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kumar555:
                          What was your answer on Ds-156....?
                          You must be honest in your answer.....?
                          I think that from is from the company...not the uscis form.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
                          X