naturalization & proof of living together

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturalization & proof of living together

When you apply for naturalization based on marriage & residency for 3 years, it says you have to have been living with the spouse for 3 years. but do they check this? how? what proof do you have to submit for this?

When you apply for naturalization based on marriage & residency for 3 years, it says you have to have been living with the spouse for 3 years. but do they check this? how? what proof do you have to submit for this?

Comment

Yes they do check the proofs. Some of the proofs they need to see:
      -Tax returns for three years (official copy)
      -Joint Bank account
      -Lease papers etc.

Comment

What if I'm not on the lease to the apartment? If there are bank statements, bills and tax returns, is that sufficient?

The form also doesn't ask for proof. Are you supposed to assume that you have to bring it to the interview? or do you mail it with the application?

Comment

Those will be sufficient. The more the better though, and I thought you supposed to mail the tax return alongside the other AOS forms?

Comment

I don't know about the AOS forms, I'm just talking about the N-400. I'm waiting on my I-751, still, and want to go ahead with the N400 since supposedly it will speed up your I-751 processing (and since a divorce is imminent, I want it over with as soon as possible!)

Comment

Working...
            X