INFOPASS question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INFOPASS question

My I-130 was transfered from CSC to local office in Tampa on July 24th 07 for an interview after being originally filed on January 9th 07 and i havent heard anything yet so i made an infopass appointment,is it to early to have done so?
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

My I-130 was transfered from CSC to local office in Tampa on July 24th 07 for an interview after being originally filed on January 9th 07 and i havent heard anything yet so i made an infopass appointment,is it to early to have done so?
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Do you mean I-130 plus adjustment of status packet? It's probably better to have an InfoPass appointment if nothing happens after 120 days from July 24th.

Comment

Hi Rough Neighbor, no it's just the I-130 as my AOS will be adjudicated by an IJ.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caribbeanman:
          Hi Rough Neighbor, no it's just the I-130 as my AOS will be adjudicated by an IJ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have a lawyer to go through possible scenarios?

have you checked the processing times for your local office?

Comment

Yes i have a lawyer Aneri...i checked but they don't have the processing times for I-130 petitions.

Comment

Yeah i was in removal proceedings before marriage, we were engaged for 2 years

Comment

Hey Mike so i wouldn't see any updates on the website because it's at a local office??.

Comment

Hi Caribe

Just be patient. make the info pass appt. 4 months isnt long for a i-130 in your situation.

Your case will just keep being continued in front of the IJ until that i-130 is approved. and its the only question he asks your lawyer . "Is i-130 approved yet?" once i-130 approved . then IJ will do adjudication on your package. peice of cake.

Im curious.. you were engaged for 2 years.... In hindsight, why you didnt get married, knowing that you could have been detained at anytime,which I see eventually did happen.

Im glad everything is turning out ok for you.

Comment

We weren't ready at the time..she was finishing her MBA but looking at it now we should have...oh well.It's 10 months since i filed,OH you mean 4 months from the transfer??

Comment

We have ALOT of evidence to show them...i just wanna go and ask them when they expect i will be called for the interview.They sent me a letter confirming my current address and it said the have updated it in their systems and on my I-130 so i KNOW the file is there,i really just wanna find out what's the status on the case.

Comment

Hey Mike i have an infopass for 7:30am on monday but it says they will not let you in until 15mins before the interview so getting there really early would be a waste of time.

Comment

Mike i think if you show by CLEAR and CONVINCING evidence that the marriage is bona fide you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Yes i filed to CSC and they transfered it to local office..yes we sent standard evidence and MORE but we also have more evidence to show them when they call us fo the interview.

Comment

Life insurance
                              Lease agreement
                              Affidavits from friends and family
                              Joint accounts
                              Credit cards (joint)
                              Club membership cards showing same account number
                              Utility bills showing both names
                              Copy of emails to each other

Comment

Working...
                              X