Greencard processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greencard processing

Hi, My husband will have his oath on April 23. That is the citizenproof right? I want to apply for my work permit I-765. Currently I am on F-1 visa. I am graduating on May 9. I havent' applied for OPT (Optional Practical Training) thinking that I might get the work permit before July 9 which is 60 days after my graduation. During that 60 days period , is it legal to stay or once I apply for I-765 , I don;t have to leave since it is in processing. How long does it take to get work permit after my husband becomes a citzen? To apply for that does my husband need to have his US passport? Please help..I don't want to make any mistakes..

Hi, My husband will have his oath on April 23. That is the citizenproof right? I want to apply for my work permit I-765. Currently I am on F-1 visa. I am graduating on May 9. I havent' applied for OPT (Optional Practical Training) thinking that I might get the work permit before July 9 which is 60 days after my graduation. During that 60 days period , is it legal to stay or once I apply for I-765 , I don;t have to leave since it is in processing. How long does it take to get work permit after my husband becomes a citzen? To apply for that does my husband need to have his US passport? Please help..I don't want to make any mistakes..

Comment

You can't apply for a work permit until you apply for adjustment of status. Right now it is better to apply for OPT then apply for adjustment. You will not be able to apply for adjustment until your husband has his Certificate of Naturalization.

Comment

Thanks federale. He is going to get his Certificate of Nauralization as well on the 23rd. For AOS don't you need an available immigrant/visa #?

Comment

Once i apply for AOS, do I have to worry about my status ...I don't have to leave U.S right?

Comment

You do not need an available visa number. However, if you are an illegal alien and entered without inspection you cannot adjust your status.

Comment

Working...
            X