Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me to find the best way

Hi,
    I am a female with Swedish citizenship and with a boyfriend in USA. We are planning to get married, but trying to find the optimal way to avoid any excessive time needed to get a green card. We are noy too keen on the fiancee visa, one plan, is that since I have swedish citizenship and can enter the territory without a visa, get married in Las Vegas and come back to Sweden and wait there until I get the green card.
    Does anyone see any problem with this approach?
    I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.
    Thanks.
    Derya

Hi,
    I am a female with Swedish citizenship and with a boyfriend in USA. We are planning to get married, but trying to find the optimal way to avoid any excessive time needed to get a green card. We are noy too keen on the fiancee visa, one plan, is that since I have swedish citizenship and can enter the territory without a visa, get married in Las Vegas and come back to Sweden and wait there until I get the green card.
    Does anyone see any problem with this approach?
    I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.
    Thanks.
    Derya

Comment

If your only optimization criteria is time, then your best (quickest) choice would be for your boyfried to come to Sweden, you two get married there, and he files I-130 for you right there, in the embassy... or do you guys have some long waiting period required to get married?

I would not recommend you to get married in the US like you are thinking... The problem is that if you mention you are going to marry to the immigration officer at POE, he, most probably, will not let you in at all... and if you don't mention it, you may get charged with misrepresentation later on and barred from entering the US in the future.

Comment

Hi Weasel,
        Thanks for your advice..yes in Sweden, it is a bit of h***le to get married and he needs to stay in the country for a longer period, which impossible for him.
        Do you have any other suggestions? What I really want to avoid, is to move USA and not be able to work and stay home.
        Thanks.
        Derya

Comment

Why not K-1 then?

Comment

Working...
          X