Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pending approval of I-765 /I-130 , how to look for employment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pending approval of I-765 /I-130 , how to look for employment?

From the time of sending in the application for adjustment of status and for work authorisation how and where can one find work legally is the question?

I have sent in the I-130 and I-765 and have got the receipt of the fact that the applications have been received.
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

From the time of sending in the application for adjustment of status and for work authorisation how and where can one find work legally is the question?

I have sent in the I-130 and I-765 and have got the receipt of the fact that the applications have been received.
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot work legally until you get your S.S.# which you cannot even apply for until you get your I-766(work authorization card). Your S.S. card will take an additional 2-3 weeks after applying (assuming you don't have hang ups like we did). My wife's card took almost 8 weeks but that was partly our fault because name issues.

Comment

U will first get EAD. then u apply for Social Security No. after u get SS no. u can work legally. No Employer can legally employ u without SS No. - becasue they cannot run ur payroll

Comment

Working...
        X