Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage

My girlfriend and I is getting married jus before my deportation hearing doy ou think this is a good idea?? should I wait

My girlfriend and I is getting married jus before my deportation hearing doy ou think this is a good idea?? should I wait

Comment

Well, I always try to look at things from/on the positive side but...
      I think you are risking to be called a fraud if you are getting married RIGHT BEFORE your Deportation hearing. I might be wrong, of course, but If I would be an INS agent or an INS judge I would see it as you trying to grab the last straw on your way down. Would it be fair to your GF if you did get married and you got booted out? Will she wait for you while your 10 (if you are lucky 3) years bar passes by and you can re-enter US again? Did you enter this country legally (by leagally I mean with INSPECTION)?
      What is the cause of your deportation?
      If entered legally, what status did you enter with (F1, J1 and etc.)?
      ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

I enter legally, my GF and I been together we were planing getting married just before all of this stuff. I filed an asylum clined that gor denied. I did not registra for Tps when it was time I was able to registra later . I'm from Liberia it is terrible in my home country

Comment

Yep, Liberia is not a happy place, but LTH is absolutely correct. Good idea for you. It gives you one more shot at staying in the US. Bad idea for the GF. She is getting saddled with your problems and expenses. Odds are you will still get deported.

Comment

Ah true love. Maybe the reason that those countries are so bad is because people put so little value on love and marriage. Ever think of that ?

Comment

don't mind Michael, he's just bitter because his wife left him (is it any wonder why someone would leave a guy as mean and crude as him?)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation