I-20 Extension mess-up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-20 Extension mess-up.

Back in 2000 my I-20 was expiring at the end of year, but I had not yet completed my degree requirements and I had it extended for a few months. My school, however, did not know the correct procedure and all they did was to issue me a new I-20 and mail the appropriate copy to INS with an explanation as to why I need the extra time. They did not alert me to required I-538 or the fees.

I graduated in the Summer of 2001 and transferred to another university to pursue my education. This university issued me their I-20 in May 2001.

It has been two years since my school's fiasco with my I-20 extension, and in light of the recent crusade that the INS has taken to grief immigrants I have become increasingly worried about this mess-up.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what consequences this might have in the future?

Back in 2000 my I-20 was expiring at the end of year, but I had not yet completed my degree requirements and I had it extended for a few months. My school, however, did not know the correct procedure and all they did was to issue me a new I-20 and mail the appropriate copy to INS with an explanation as to why I need the extra time. They did not alert me to required I-538 or the fees.

I graduated in the Summer of 2001 and transferred to another university to pursue my education. This university issued me their I-20 in May 2001.

It has been two years since my school's fiasco with my I-20 extension, and in light of the recent crusade that the INS has taken to grief immigrants I have become increasingly worried about this mess-up.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what consequences this might have in the future?

Comment

Working...
    X