Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian citizen working in the US - what is needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian citizen working in the US - what is needed?

This is relative to my other post to which I did not get a response...my siter in law wants has a 4 year degree in Sociology and has about 10 years experience working at a low level position at a bank. She also did a year at a teachers college and filled in for a first grade teacher on maternity leave in Canada last year.

Now she thinks she can just come to the US and get a job, no problem.

I disagree!

Does anyone know for sure?

This is relative to my other post to which I did not get a response...my siter in law wants has a 4 year degree in Sociology and has about 10 years experience working at a low level position at a bank. She also did a year at a teachers college and filled in for a first grade teacher on maternity leave in Canada last year.

Now she thinks she can just come to the US and get a job, no problem.

I disagree!

Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

It is not that easy... Canadians need to get work visas just like everyone else. However, there is a NAFTA visa (TN) which is open to Canadaians and Mexicans. There are always specific requirements realted to education, work experience, and job type when trying to get any work visa.

Check the website www.grasmick.com for excellent information about Canada/US work visas.

Comment

Working...
      X