Immigration from Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration from Canada

I am a Canadian Citizen that, while visiting Austin, Texas, received an offer for employment that I would like to accept. It is in a field that I am currently employed in for more than 2 years (Fitness Consultant),and I would like to know how long the process takes to legally work in the US. Can I get a temporary Visa while things are pending in order to accept the job and begin working there. Obviously, time is the most important factor here, as I would like to accept this position A.S.A.P. Every attorney that I have contacted in the area is extremely busy now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I am a Canadian Citizen that, while visiting Austin, Texas, received an offer for employment that I would like to accept. It is in a field that I am currently employed in for more than 2 years (Fitness Consultant),and I would like to know how long the process takes to legally work in the US. Can I get a temporary Visa while things are pending in order to accept the job and begin working there. Obviously, time is the most important factor here, as I would like to accept this position A.S.A.P. Every attorney that I have contacted in the area is extremely busy now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comment

As a Canadian citizen, you may qualify for a nonimmigrant visa through NAFTA depending on your qualifications and the job qualifications. You should consult an attorney experienced with NAFTA visas to get the best advice. Good luck!

- rrv

Rolando Rex Velasquez
      SEROTTE, REICH & SEIPP, LLP
      716-854-7525
      e/m: rvelasquez@srs-law.com

Comment

Try this website: www.grasmick.com for information related to Canada / US employment based visas. The visa available under NAFTA is the TN visa; however, it is limited to a very select list of professions.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 'Fitness Consultant' is not going to be elidgible for a TN visa nor will it qualify you for any other employment based visas (ie: H1). So I think your dreams of working in the US are going to be hard to obtain. But check out the website I mentioned as they deal with the specific topics you are interested in, eh....

Comment

Working...
        X