Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel to hawaii

hello all,
    i am new to this group, but i have been checking this board for info for quite some time.
    i think my topic has been discussed before, but that was two years ago.
    My fiance(usc) and I are planning to get married in Hawaii this year. we live on the west coast. I am out of status for quite some time. have a valid drivers license and ss#. I am paranoid about traveling after 9/11.
    What is the likelihood of being profiled as a non-white person at the security gate and get asked for residency status? I am of south east asia pacific origin. I look like Hawaiian, but I am still paranoid. After the wedding, we will file for aos in the mainland. My fiancee, thinks i am over reacting. Please advise.
    Thank you.

hello all,
    i am new to this group, but i have been checking this board for info for quite some time.
    i think my topic has been discussed before, but that was two years ago.
    My fiance(usc) and I are planning to get married in Hawaii this year. we live on the west coast. I am out of status for quite some time. have a valid drivers license and ss#. I am paranoid about traveling after 9/11.
    What is the likelihood of being profiled as a non-white person at the security gate and get asked for residency status? I am of south east asia pacific origin. I look like Hawaiian, but I am still paranoid. After the wedding, we will file for aos in the mainland. My fiancee, thinks i am over reacting. Please advise.
    Thank you.

Comment

Hey,
      No body is going to harrass you at the airport as long as you're travelling locally.

You look Hawaiian? Sounds good tp me.
      Oh, you're getting married

Comment

Dont freak out...as long as you have the boarding pass and valid (govt issued) ID you're on the Go! A friend of mine in the same situation as yours had travelled already without a prob. so i believe you will be good, just fly locally.

best wishes!

Comment

Why would you risk travelling on a plane knowing the current ANTI Illegal Alien situation? Get married and then file and go to Hawaii for a honeymoon.
          Makes more sense.

Comment

Working...
          X