X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to the U.S?

Moving to the U.S?
    I will be getting my permanent residency from my mom through her father a U.S citizen who filed for us. Is it possible I can move to the U.S earlier? Could I start college in the U.S on a student visa or do I have to wait here in Toronto ti'll my mom gets her greencard? I'm so confused!! because my mom doesn't plan to leave here anytime soon so could I go ahead once I get my permanent status through her...keep in mind I'am 18 now and 17 when the petition was filed.

Moving to the U.S?
    I will be getting my permanent residency from my mom through her father a U.S citizen who filed for us. Is it possible I can move to the U.S earlier? Could I start college in the U.S on a student visa or do I have to wait here in Toronto ti'll my mom gets her greencard? I'm so confused!! because my mom doesn't plan to leave here anytime soon so could I go ahead once I get my permanent status through her...keep in mind I'am 18 now and 17 when the petition was filed.

Comment

You can always try getting a student visa...

Your mother doesn't plan to leave anytime soon? Even if she wanted, she couldn't: it will take 5 - 6 years before she gets immigrant visa based on her father's petition. And the same goes for you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation