Passport with expired visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport with expired visa

Hi I live in NY, and need to get a marriage license, and i got a new foreign passport with no visa in it. My old one is lost & had an expired visa anyway, can i still get a marriage license or will they question me & deny me.

Hi I live in NY, and need to get a marriage license, and i got a new foreign passport with no visa in it. My old one is lost & had an expired visa anyway, can i still get a marriage license or will they question me & deny me.

Comment

Hi Lula,

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone else here can give some advice. Good luck to you.

Comment

Lula i dont know if this will help but i got my marriage license with my expired visa i think they wanted to make sure the passport was valid which it was.
        "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          Hi Lula,

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone else here can give some advice. Good luck to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

Comment

BTW,this was in Texas
            "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lula:
              Hi I live in NY, and need to get a marriage license, and i got a new foreign passport with no visa in it. My old one is lost & had an expired visa anyway, can i still get a marriage license or will they question me & deny me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can still get a marriage license
              just bring your latest passport and you gonna need your birth certificate.

When you apply at USCIS you have to request
              a duplicate copy of your I-94.

Comment

Yes, correct, immigration Form I-102.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lula:
                  Hi I live in NY, and need to get a marriage license, and i got a new foreign passport with no visa in it. My old one is lost & had an expired visa anyway, can i still get a marriage license or will they question me & deny me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can still get a marriage license
                  just bring your latest passport and you gonna need your birth certificate.

When you apply at USCIS you have to request
                  a duplicate copy of your I-94. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really appreciate it. I just wanted to make sure, before showing up and being scrutinized.

Comment

nope you won't be. Just make sure you have the original copy of your Birth Certificate as a proof of you age and your passport for your ID.
                    and If you or your Husband to be, are divorced
                    you need to bring the divorce decree , unless
                    you're both single never been married you won't need that.

Make sure to bring some cash with you
                    they don't accept checks.

Comment

Working...
                    X