Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am F1 student unable to travel as college being reveiwed pls advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am F1 student unable to travel as college being reveiwed pls advise

    I am studying to become a teacher & legally here on a F1, my college is currently under going the new process of being credited & put into a huge database as new 9.11 changes in INS. my foriegn advisor is unable to renew my I-20 form which runs out in june & I would like to go home to UK & visit my family & hospitilised gran. She is in contact with the INs advisors & everything is going well but they cannot giver her a time on completion.does anyone have experience of time on this process? can I get a emergency form to leave USA to visit my family? is there anyway I can leave? my F1 is valis till 2006. thanks for your help.

  • #2
    I am studying to become a teacher & legally here on a F1, my college is currently under going the new process of being credited & put into a huge database as new 9.11 changes in INS. my foriegn advisor is unable to renew my I-20 form which runs out in june & I would like to go home to UK & visit my family & hospitilised gran. She is in contact with the INs advisors & everything is going well but they cannot giver her a time on completion.does anyone have experience of time on this process? can I get a emergency form to leave USA to visit my family? is there anyway I can leave? my F1 is valis till 2006. thanks for your help.

    Comment


    • #3
      why dont you go home ahead and have the school mail you the new Form I-20 when you need to go back to the US. time is of the essence here. go home if you must.

      Comment


      • #4
        i meant, mail the Form I-20 to your UK address.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks Bea but unfortunatly the college has not been given a time notification and their other campus has been waiting for almost a year!!!!! I am also still studying & have summer classes & seminars to attend so cannot leave yet. Plus the foriegn advisor is unable to produce any papers until the school is official which is anyone's guess. thanks anyway.

          Comment


          • #6
            Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. I understand the situation but you must weight the pro and con. If you go you will lose your change to finish your career and changing to an H1B visa and perhaps stay permanently with a labor certification. You need to think about your future. Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you Passingby I appreciate your words of advice, I am going to stay & wait for my school to be registered with INS. My gran is sick in hospital but I hope & pray she will stay strong till I can visit home. take care & thanks

              Comment



              Working...
              X