I-130 Transfer of Priority Date Interesting Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Transfer of Priority Date Interesting Questions

My father (a US resident) filed the I-130 petition for his wife and added their son who is 17 years old under the petition as a derivative. Now if he wants to file for the son separately in order to prevent the child from aging out of the process. Will he be able to request his wife’s petition priority date for his son’s new I-130 application?

After filing this petition, will either of them (Son or wife) be able to file for authorization to work?

Thank You.

My father (a US resident) filed the I-130 petition for his wife and added their son who is 17 years old under the petition as a derivative. Now if he wants to file for the son separately in order to prevent the child from aging out of the process. Will he be able to request his wife’s petition priority date for his son’s new I-130 application?

After filing this petition, will either of them (Son or wife) be able to file for authorization to work?

Thank You.

Comment

No. You cannot change the priority date and no you cannot get work authorization.

Comment

Working...
      X