Oath date after interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath date after interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife had a successful N400 interview in Portland, OR. After the interview the officer asked her if she would take oath 2 days latter. My wife accepted. Then the officer went out of the room to put her name down for the oath ceremony. The Officer came back a few minutes and told her that there are new rules in place, and that a letter with oath date will be sent out within 3 weeks. It has been over 4 weeks now, no letter has arrrived.

Question 1: Is there any way to find out the status and to expedite the oath.

Question 2: Is there any place else where we can have oath done quickly, or walkin oath possible anywhere in the US? I have heard there are people here in OR who have been waiting for their oaths over a year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife had a successful N400 interview in Portland, OR. After the interview the officer asked her if she would take oath 2 days latter. My wife accepted. Then the officer went out of the room to put her name down for the oath ceremony. The Officer came back a few minutes and told her that there are new rules in place, and that a letter with oath date will be sent out within 3 weeks. It has been over 4 weeks now, no letter has arrrived.

Question 1: Is there any way to find out the status and to expedite the oath.

Question 2: Is there any place else where we can have oath done quickly, or walkin oath possible anywhere in the US? I have heard there are people here in OR who have been waiting for their oaths over a year!

Comment

I'm not knowledgeable on the citizenship path, but I would think that contacting the USCIS would be the way to go and let them know there seems to have been a delay with your receipt of the Oath appointment.

Some people here may know better.

Welcome to ILW!
      --------------------
      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X