If an I129 is denied...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If an I129 is denied...

...then what? I shouldn't be thinking negatively here, but I want to know my best options. If my petition is denied or his visa is denied, is the best thing to do appeal, or forget the fiance visa and get married in his country, then go through all the spouse visa applications? We'll do whatever it takes, but this waiting around crap isn't fun. Thanks for any appropriate advice.

...then what? I shouldn't be thinking negatively here, but I want to know my best options. If my petition is denied or his visa is denied, is the best thing to do appeal, or forget the fiance visa and get married in his country, then go through all the spouse visa applications? We'll do whatever it takes, but this waiting around crap isn't fun. Thanks for any appropriate advice.

Comment

Cynthia, why on earth would you be thinking of denials? Unless there is a problem with your fiance in his country you probably don't have anything to worry about, for example, if he has a criminal record for drugs or anything like that. If you have a legitimate relationship and the appropriate paperwork you should have no problems - also the "support" issue is important. Everyone gets nervous with this process but it's not valuable to think in the negative. Go to the Dave Hollis website and look at all the fiance visas being processed. Search for your embassy and see what their timeframe looks like. You can also search for service centers and get a lot of information. Good luck and hang in there.

Comment

Getting maried in USA and going the spousal visa route will be the fastest. Of course, you might have problem when the USCIS interviewer found out his fiancee visa request has been rejected. They might accuse him of misrepresentation of intent whe n applying for his tourist visa,etc.

Like billiedance said, try not to think of the negative too much and focus on the positive. It never hurt to plan ahead, but don't get depressed over it.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Your encouragement is appreciated. From reading other posts, however, it just seems that the review/interview process is very subjective. My fiance is of a different race so if a reviewer has issue with that, I am concerened they would deny. See, darn negative thoughts again. Plus, no one else is from his country on the Dave Hollis site. I would hope race wouldn't be an issue, but like I said, I wanted to know what else could be done. Moving to his country is an option, but it's a poor country and I have a good life here to which I want to include my future husband.

Comment

Cynthia please email me at landbdancewithme@comcast.net and I will try to support you with more information. I don't want to take up valuable space on this board. I know many people going through the same process, as I am, and they are very concerned too so you're not alone. My fiance is black and I am white; there is also an age difference. I'm not at all concerned about these things as that is not what the process is about. But please take the time to email me and I will help as much as possible. Take care.

Comment

Working...
            X