Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visitor Visa - rejected twice - help

Hello everyone,

I live in India and my girlfriend of 2 years has just gone to the US to study PG for a year. We broke up before she went and now I need to go to the US to win her back.. I love her more than anything and I would do anything to get her back.

I applied for a tourist visa to go to the US but was rejected twice u/s 214b. I have no intention of staying in the US. I would come back as soon as I meet her. I have property and financial holdings in India and a lot of family ties and business.

However, without looking at the papers or ties, my visa was rejected both times. I am 27, unmarried and have started my own company 1 year back after working for 7 years at another company. I guess one of these is a factor for rejection.

I wanted to know what I can do in this situation. I am desperate to go. BUT HOW? If I apply again for a visitor visa, I know they are going to reject it.. and be even more suspicious.

What options do I have? Can I write to the Consulate General and explain my case? How open are they to this? Can I provide a departure bond?

Any other options? I want to avoid coming to the US illegally by crossing any borders.. not until I've tried everything else...

HELP!

Thanks.

I will offer good advice. See a psychiatrist.
    You are a psycho stalker like Sprintgirl, ProudUSC and others. We have enough stalkers here already.

Comment

Sorry, no chance of getting a visitor visa. The Consular Officer does not believe that you have enough ties to India to return. Single, no commitment to a profession in India, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by usforlove:
        Hello everyone,

I live in India and my girlfriend of 2 years has just gone to the US to study PG for a year. We broke up before she went and now I need to go to the US to win her back.. I love her more than anything and I would do anything to get her back.

I applied for a tourist visa to go to the US but was rejected twice u/s 214b. I have no intention of staying in the US. I would come back as soon as I meet her. I have property and financial holdings in India and a lot of family ties and business.

However, without looking at the papers or ties, my visa was rejected both times. I am 27, unmarried and have started my own company 1 year back after working for 7 years at another company. I guess one of these is a factor for rejection.

I wanted to know what I can do in this situation. I am desperate to go. BUT HOW? If I apply again for a visitor visa, I know they are going to reject it.. and be even more suspicious.

What options do I have? Can I write to the Consulate General and explain my case? How open are they to this? Can I provide a departure bond?

Any other options? I want to avoid coming to the US illegally by crossing any borders.. not until I've tried everything else...

HELP!

Thanks.
        Did they give any reason for the rejection? Your best bet is to get an immigration lawyer.

Comment

Do you qualify for any other type of visa? Some of the more common ones are:

H1 - work visa
          L1 - Inter-company transfer
          M1/J1/F1 - student visas
          O1 - Persons of extraordinary ability (sportsmen etc)
          R1 - Religious worker
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I could qualify for student visa as well as a work visa. But both of them will take a long time and I will need to either get an admission at a US college for I-20 or a job in the US. I DONT plan to stay in the US. I just want to visit for less than a month..

I run a business here and will have to get back to it. I only want to got to the US to meet her.

I was thinking of writing to the US Conulate General in India and explaining the situation. Do you think it could work?

Comment

I only want to got to the US to meet her.
              Not sure how you can go about getting the visitor's visa, but are you sure (since she broke up with you) that she wants to see you at this point? Do you still talk to her? Is she willing to meet with you? It would seem if she was interested in pursuing the relationship, she could come visit you, right?

Just something else to consider since you've been denied. Good luck.

Comment

Indian women smell like curry. I hate that.

Comment

Contact Lalu Parsad Yadev. He will give his guarantee to Consular Officer -- it is called "Referral".

Comment

Writing a letter will have no effect. The Consul General gets thousands of those. And with regard to the mysterious Lalu Parsad Yadev, "guarentees" have absolutely no effect on the Consular Officers decision.

Comment

federale86:

You have no experience of working overseas and you do not know how it works there. Referral is an official letter which work for Political figures, Journalists, academics and Artists and any others who is knows to high level people in that country. Visa is 99% guaranteed. Your knowledge is very limited to only some books and guidelines you have read.

Comment

in other word Federale,

tAK IS ASKIN YOU TO SHUT THE F. UP i wish i have made this more clear for u.

Originally posted by Tak:
                        federale86:

You have no experience of working overseas and you do not know how it works there. Referral is an official letter which work for Political figures, Journalists, academics and Artists and any others who is knows to high level people in that country. Visa is 99% guaranteed. Your knowledge is very limited to only some books and guidelines you have read.

Comment

You can get letters from everyone on the planet and it won't have any positive effect. For whatever the reason(s), the consular staff did not believe you, did not believe that you would return as promised....and that's the way it is.
                          Writing the consul general will only waste paper (or time). Trying for some phony referral won't succeed. No one can 'vouch' for you, nor 'guarantee' that you will go back to India. YOu can bring all the letters and bank statements on the planet, but the bottom line is if the consular official doesn't believe you, your visa will be denied. There is NO piece of paper or document that you can bring that guarantees you'll get a visa or overcomes 214b. None.
                          Why not call or write your former girlfriend? Phones broken in India? Email doesn't work?

Comment

And hiring an immigration attorney will be the biggest waste of money (besides setting fire to it)...no immigration lawyer can 'order' the consular officials to grant a visa, and no matter what silly opinion the lawyer might give about your so-called being qualified won't sway anyone in the visa department.

Comment

Tak and Ambercrombie, I have put more people like you in jail than you can shake a stick at. And just paying someone for a letter is also a crime. We put people like that in jail all the time as well. If there is an official request for an official visa, yes, letters are required, but those who have been denied visas twice for intending immigrant in order to visit an ex-girlfriend are not in that catagory.

I am thinking that DSS looked at Tak many a time.

And Ambercrombie what do you know besides nothing?

Comment

Working...
                              X