Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My company is refusing todo I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My company is refusing todo I-485

    hi,
    I am done with both the Labor Certification and I-140. And recently discovered that my salary in Labor Certification is overstated to $70k instead of $50k. And now company and lawyer is refusing todo I-485. They are saying that I'll have to wait until my salary actually becomes $70k, which I don't know when is going to happen.
    Help me guys... am being exploited and seems like a MODERN DAY SALAVERY!!!!!!!!
    thanks

  • #2
    hi,
    I am done with both the Labor Certification and I-140. And recently discovered that my salary in Labor Certification is overstated to $70k instead of $50k. And now company and lawyer is refusing todo I-485. They are saying that I'll have to wait until my salary actually becomes $70k, which I don't know when is going to happen.
    Help me guys... am being exploited and seems like a MODERN DAY SALAVERY!!!!!!!!
    thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      unfortunately, things like this happen but i have seen worst.anyway, it's all your call.blow the whistle and you know the consequence.report them may mean trouble for your economic future.flow with them will make you stupid.be a hero and no green card for you.there is not much you can do if employer is not willing to file I-485 it is better start scouting for another one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Slavery? Give me a break. Get another employer and see if they want to sponsor you. If your current employer is willing to do a Clintonian move then I wouldn't expect for them to ever tell me the truth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Company does not have to pay you $70K until you get your green card. Tell them if they do you a favour and file I-485 for you and when you will get your green card you will leave the job. This way you will get your GC and company will not have to pay you the required salary.I knwo you suppose to work for the comapny atleast six months after you get your GC.May be work alteast a month after that and then leave.Make them assure you will leave the job but just ask them to help you out.Try to come up with different suggestion and talk to them about different situations.Hope that helped. let me know how it goes.
          In my case labour cert required 10K more than what I am getting paid right now.But after lot of praying,pleading and crying , I had my company signed the labor cert. I said if worse come to worse and if your not able to pay me the required salary after I get my GC , I will leave. As they knew they are going to loose me any way if they wont signed.Tell them its takes atleast one to two years before it get approved.
          I have another question from you.My lawyer is ready to file for I-140.He thinks since my company shows loss on tax return , that is not good for my case.INS does not like to losses and have hard time to approve those kind of cases. Would you let me know that how your company's statements and tax return looked and did you have any problems for your I-140 petition. What documents did you submit with it. Thank you and God Bless

          Comment


          • #6
            thanks sara, but my company is doing great, its still maaking profit and tax return too is in Positive. Sales are on target, infact we got bonus of couple of hundred dollars few months back.
            anything more
            thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              I didn't had any problem with I-140, it went thru fine and is already approved. I have the copy too.

              Comment


              • #8
                HELP GUYS...... WHATS DO I DO.?????????????

                Comment


                • #9
                  I understand your frustration but after doing some research, I understand that YOU can file for I-485, EAD, AP on your own even though this is employment base. I see alot of questions posted on how to fill out those forms (and confirm these guys are employment based GC) However, I don't know what your company/boss/lawyer would feel about it and may possibly withdraw your LC and
                  I-140. Just something you might want to think about.

                  Comment



                  Working...
                  X