No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I approach situations from a common sense perspective despite evidence that USCIS AS AN ORGANIZATION, tends to lack this quality in policy-making decisions.

USCIS adjudicators are normal folks. Many adjudicators have no more than a high school education. They work in offices with a lot of other people just like themselves. I mention the average education level, NOT as an indictment on their intelligence but rather to enunciate my point that they are your average everyday person.

In my opinion, average everyday people do not rely on a sixth sense as much as they do the opinions of their peers. These opinions gathered in informal settings such as the proverbial "water cooler" or in the lunch room. If two adjudicators were to discuss an I-130 case where the two people are married but living apart, eyebrows would be raised AND suspicions would be raised. THIS IS COMMON SENSE. The law is the law but we are dealing with opinion here. Opinion of average people with average suspicions.

Comment

Hi!

I don't think living in different states when filing for AOS will affect the application.

My husband and I live in different states because I go to school in OK and our home is in GA, where he works. Our AOS was approved. No problems at all.

The good thing now, is that, next week, I'll be finishing my experiments, so I will go home to GA for good.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X