Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485

Can I leave the country while I am waiting for my I-485 to be processed?

Can I leave the country while I am waiting for my I-485 to be processed?

Comment

Hi Bruni,

Welcome. Part of the adjustment of status process includes completion of the I-131 Application for Travel Document. If this has not been completed and approved, you need to file for Advance Parole.
      Go here for more information on AP.

Good luck!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruni:
        Can I leave the country while I am waiting for my I-485 to be processed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        If you leave while waiting for adjustment of status, it will be abandoned. However, file the Form I-131, advance parole, prior to leaving. This will allow your adjustment to continue while you are waiting for the adjustment of status.

Adjustment of Status info

I-131 and related informtion
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Please also note that the current processing time for I-131 is 3 to 6 months. Be aware that USCIS has no time limitation on any of the application processed in a specified time frame

Comment

Please also not that there is NO guarantee.. I repeat NO guarantee that you will be let back into the country just because you have advanced parole document.

If your visa has expired.. and you are an overstay, then I do not recommend you leaving before getting your greencard in hand.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation