Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about the I-751

I live in the West Coast.

On March 30, 2004 my temporarily green card I received for two years ago expired.

Last December I sent the I-751 form to the office in Nebraska. I received a NOA the same month and it was dated December 21, 2003.

I do not know when the extended year get expired. Is it December 21, 2004 of March 30, 2005?

Any help on this will be really appreciated.

I live in the West Coast.

On March 30, 2004 my temporarily green card I received for two years ago expired.

Last December I sent the I-751 form to the office in Nebraska. I received a NOA the same month and it was dated December 21, 2003.

I do not know when the extended year get expired. Is it December 21, 2004 of March 30, 2005?

Any help on this will be really appreciated.

Comment

I-751 NOA extends your original GC for a year, so in your case it expires on March 30, 2005. But the strange thing in your case is that you've filed I-751 more than 90 days prior your expiration date, which is unlawuful. And the fact that INS did not mentioned anything is even more puzzling. Anyway, good luck with your case, hope everything will be OK. Let us know about any changes.

Comment

Edgrapes thank you so much for your reponse. It is really appreciated.

You right. I was wrong about the dates. My green card expired on March 18, 2004 and the NOA was dated December 21, 2003. It means I filed a I-751 90 days before the expiration date on my green card.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get an answer on my case before March 18, 2005.

Comment

The date the NOA extends the I-551 is really meaningless since the card is automatically extended until the I-751 is adjudicated, no matter how long it takes. The only use of the NOA is to show proof of status for employment or travel reasons.

Comment

Hi ,
            I got a quick question myself. I am going to apply for I-751 myself and I have put up a package with lots of documents of proof and put it nicely in a folder with two punch holes. Where do I put the application form in the folder? I can't punch holes through it , can I? I will keep you updated with datelines, mine comes under Vermont Service Center.
            Thanks

Comment

You could punch holes through the application as well. USCIS keeps all alien files with 2 holes at the top of every single document.

Comment

Working...
              X