Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind boggling!

I'm in the process of filing I-138 for my daughter living overseas. I downloaded the form and guess what, it is confusing, why am I not surprised!!! I called customer service for help and they recommended seeing an immigration lawyer. Awesome !!!

The form is divided into two parts one contains information about yourself and the other about the beneficiary. However, down towards the bottom it gets totally confusing. For example No.15 asks about Name & address of the present employer. It doesn't specify whether it is the benfeciary's employer or mine!

No.13 It mentions if you got naturalized put down your certificate number. But then it says: Parents: have you obtained a certificate of ctizenship in your own name? which is redundant.

No.10 asks for Alien Registration number. It doesn't say if this needs to be completed by USC or PR.

Also what kind of documents need to be attached to the application is not fully clear. I know there is a guide but the Guide doesn't contain enough details.

Additionally, my internet search found certain websites advising including 2 photos for me and my daughter. I didn't see that anywhere. Is that true?

Is there a good resource that has more details?

Thank you all!

I'm in the process of filing I-138 for my daughter living overseas. I downloaded the form and guess what, it is confusing, why am I not surprised!!! I called customer service for help and they recommended seeing an immigration lawyer. Awesome !!!

The form is divided into two parts one contains information about yourself and the other about the beneficiary. However, down towards the bottom it gets totally confusing. For example No.15 asks about Name & address of the present employer. It doesn't specify whether it is the benfeciary's employer or mine!

No.13 It mentions if you got naturalized put down your certificate number. But then it says: Parents: have you obtained a certificate of ctizenship in your own name? which is redundant.

No.10 asks for Alien Registration number. It doesn't say if this needs to be completed by USC or PR.

Also what kind of documents need to be attached to the application is not fully clear. I know there is a guide but the Guide doesn't contain enough details.

Additionally, my internet search found certain websites advising including 2 photos for me and my daughter. I didn't see that anywhere. Is that true?

Is there a good resource that has more details?

Thank you all!

Comment

davdah,
      If all Republicans are as kind as you are, I'll be willing to vote G. W. for a third term!

Where does the photos requitrements come from? It is not mentioned anywhere, neither on the form nor in the instructions guide. There is a requirement of a photo if you are applying for a husband/wife but nothing related to child. Please clarify!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation