Hiv in relation to the new immigration bill pending in congress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiv in relation to the new immigration bill pending in congress

This for anyone who cares to answer with dignity and not with insults and ingnorance.
    I have a friend who is hiv+ and have been in this county for over 25 years. Do you think the new immigration laws will benefit my friend.
    thanks
    J

This for anyone who cares to answer with dignity and not with insults and ingnorance.
    I have a friend who is hiv+ and have been in this county for over 25 years. Do you think the new immigration laws will benefit my friend.
    thanks
    J

Comment

No. Your friend will fail the medical portion of any application.

Comment

Is he married to a USC?

Comment

They will refuse anyone who has a communicable disease or innoculations that are not in order. One MUST pass the medical exam.

Comment

can he say that in his country he will not receive the proper medical treatment and go that route???

Comment

I did not find any health restrictions in the bill. Only for those who have been in the US for less than 5 years.
              http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...3asaa:e414560:

Comment

No HIV is regrettably incurable - and contageous. A claim for poor medical treatment will not help. Some strains of TB, Leprosy, Ebola, Dengue, Malaria, Cholera, Hepatitis, Plague, Small pox (which was thought to be eradicted but is on the come back as is Polio), as well as other diseases are just not cureable - regardless of types of medical care.

If you review the forms for permanent residency and citizenship, you will see there is a medical requirement and you must be reviewed by an immigration doctor. This has been in place since the 1800's. So anyone wanting to stay permanently will need medical clearance.

There are people who are being denied immigration because they have been treated for cancer - even though they are in remission or it has been 'cured'.

Comment

Are there cases of denials of Immigration Benefits because of sufferring from Diarrhea ?

Comment

Only in case of 'MENTAL DIARRHEA' ........

Comment

Dear John100,

I am sorry to hear about your friend. HIV/AIDS is listed as one of the diseases that are inadmissible. Now, I don't know if since he is already here if that might make a difference. What is his current status?

Good luck,
                      BigDummy

Comment

Only in case of 'MENTAL DIARRHEA' ........
                        No doubt about that !

Hope there were provisions excluding all who suffer from it, not just applicants for immigration benefits

Comment

No my friend is not married, if he was married things would have been different.

He works like everyone else and pay taxes and he has a health insurance. He has been here for 25 years out but of status since 1988.

In reference to the new immigration laws, when one would have to take the medical for legalization? At the beginning of the procedure or at the end of the 6 years??
                          Thanks for the nice replies. It's unfortunate that some people have nothing else to do and come to this site to say all kind of stupid things. Shame!!!

Comment

nmpodcsim
                            the link you posted on board is not working.
                            Can you try again please
                            thanks
                            J

Comment

http://thomas.loc.gov
                              search for bill S.2611, sec.601

Comment

Working...
                              X