US work permit help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US work permit help please

I work for a restaurant that allows transfers to the US after six months and I am very interested in working in the US. I have found some info on doing this but I'm a little confused. The site says that you have to have a skilled trade and I would be employed as a server, would that qualify? the visa name is H-1 B any help?

I work for a restaurant that allows transfers to the US after six months and I am very interested in working in the US. I have found some info on doing this but I'm a little confused. The site says that you have to have a skilled trade and I would be employed as a server, would that qualify? the visa name is H-1 B any help?

Comment

working visa? it will take u forever. marry someone.. in just how many months u got ur papers.

Comment

Isn't that highly illegal?? I do have an american boyfriend but I'm not sure that I'm ready to marry. Even if I was wouldn't it take a while for a permit to work in this country?

Comment

if you overstay here thats gonna be illegal but if u marry ur bf as soon as possible everything will be ok. don't waste your time do it!

Comment

I have another question, I called the CIS helpline and didn't get an answer for this question. The first person I spoke to said that it would be possible for me to marry and go through the papers while im in the states (I'm in canada now) She then transfered me too someone else who wouldn't tell me how has anyone heard of this?? If so could you tell me what to do and how to do it. Don't get me wrong I want to go about this legally. I am in my own country right now.

Comment

I forgot also if I would be using the processing center in vermont how long would I have to wait before I could work. And whatever way I go about this I need to be able to go home (canada) at a moments notice I have two very sick family members

Comment

what country u are right now? DO you plan to marry your BF?

Comment

I am in canada. Yes Im planning to marry him.

Comment

If u want to go here right away ask ur BF to file for fiance visa and marry him here in US within 90 days (K-1 visa). but if u intend to marry there in canada is alright the same process. try this site http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

Comment

heading there right now thank you

Comment

make sure you don't enter the US as non immigrant [visitor or business temporary] and then marry under that same I-94. Your application for AOS will be rejected.
                        Best way is to marry him in Canada, then file I-485 from there. You will get a work permit whithin a couple of months and be able to move on.
                        I would recommend you consult an attorney.

Comment

Pop why would I not be able to marry here the processing time in vermont is quicker for a fiance visa. Also anyone know how long for work permit after visa is approved? can you file for both at the same time?

Comment

sydbear.i am from Canada and would be more than happy to give you some advice,you can email me at jmcdonaltx@yahoo.com.sometimes advice in here could misconstrued 9taken the wrong way)but for the most part the folks hear are very knowledgable.

Comment

thank you very much thats very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X