Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consequence of my arrest record

I came to the United States on an F-1 visa and got my H1-B visa immediately after my studies. I have never left USA since then. I was arrested and fingerprinted for ˜Soliciting from motor vehicle', since it was my first and only offense the judge ˜filed' the case and said "destruction of the complaint" after one year if there is no other arrest till then. (The law of the state defines:-"filing" a case means it is postponed for one year and if the defendant behaves and is in no further difficulty with the law, the case is dismissed)."

Am I excludable under Crimes involving Moral turpitude? Am I excludable under INA §212(a)(2)(D) Prostitution and Commercialized Vice? Am I eligible for the petty offense exception? Should I deny about my arrest in the visa application forms after the scheduled Destruction of Complaint date at the visa stamping time and at the point of entry? What are my options?

I came to the United States on an F-1 visa and got my H1-B visa immediately after my studies. I have never left USA since then. I was arrested and fingerprinted for ˜Soliciting from motor vehicle', since it was my first and only offense the judge ˜filed' the case and said "destruction of the complaint" after one year if there is no other arrest till then. (The law of the state defines:-"filing" a case means it is postponed for one year and if the defendant behaves and is in no further difficulty with the law, the case is dismissed)."

Am I excludable under Crimes involving Moral turpitude? Am I excludable under INA §212(a)(2)(D) Prostitution and Commercialized Vice? Am I eligible for the petty offense exception? Should I deny about my arrest in the visa application forms after the scheduled Destruction of Complaint date at the visa stamping time and at the point of entry? What are my options?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation