Setting the Record Straight on Cost of DREAM Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the Record Straight on Cost of DREAM Act

In a new report, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) paints a misleading financial portrait of the DREAM Act. The report, entitled Estimating the Impact of the DREAM Act, claims that the bill would be a burden on U.S. taxpayers and would “crowd out” native-born students in the classroom. However, the available evidence does not support either of these dire predictions. In fact:

In a new report, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) paints a misleading financial portrait of the DREAM Act. The report, entitled Estimating the Impact of the DREAM Act, claims that the bill would be a burden on U.S. taxpayers and would “crowd out” native-born students in the classroom. However, the available evidence does not support either of these dire predictions. In fact:

Comment

The CIS is right-leaning anti-immigration organisation. That explains it all.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

My take on this is the Dream Act kids are (or were) already in the classroom. Why so much stink is created every time this bill comes up, I don't know. These kids are already being educated here. If you think about it, the higher number of students in our education system means more schools and more jobs. What's wrong with that?

Comment

No facts presented. Typical libtard. In fact, CIS' facts are true and correct. Saying they are right-wing does not make them incorrect.

Comment

...well, we all know that if a racist rag like HS News says that something is incorrect, well, then, it must be CORRECT.

As for Brit...how did he ever get to immigrate to America? I thought that communists were barred!

Comment

but these dirtbag's parents still are not paying the cost of their brats' education because they work under the table, pay little in the way of state income nor federal taxes, and cheat on just about everything else....who needs this compromise on the human gene pool? We have enough single cell offspring being generated in our trailer parks.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                but these dirtbag's parents still are not paying the cost of their brats' education because they work under the table, pay little in the way of state income nor federal taxes, and cheat on just about everything else....who needs this compromise on the human gene pool? We have enough single cell offspring being generated in our trailer parks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll never be able to convince you otherwise, S12, but there are employers and illegals who are a match because there's no qualified Americans applying for the jobs. Very sad, because our youth think they are better than $20/hr. What gives with that? It's reality.

Comment

I don't doubt you are right, to some extent...but I don't believe that 12M illegals are all matched up...many are, no doubt, and many more are likely working for far less than $20/hour too.

Comment

@ least they are working with dignity not to compare with your case for counting on food stamps, abusing the welfare and health systems and building a good reputation in the court for never paying for any service you are stealing from service providers who happen to be immigrants. Go and f-cuk yourself you and your american dream you S.O.B! PPl are planning now to spend their honey moon on mars and maybe Venus and this l-oser still bringing up memories on how his a$$ got wiped off in Vietnams and forward,,,,,,!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                    I don't doubt you are right, to some extent...but I don't believe that 12M illegals are all matched up...many are, no doubt, and many more are likely working for far less than $20/hour too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

dear ambercrumbly: I noticed that you are (sadly for America) on the cusp of receiving an immigrant visa, yet you cast aspersions on our life style, one that you will no doubt be a part of (again, a bleak day for America)...I have some bad news for you...if and when you actually do get the immigrant visa, your goat won't qualify for a derivative visa, so stock up on hand lotion for those lonely nights alone.

Comment

My squirrel be laughin so hard at what ya wrote there S12, he fell out the tree. Now I gots me medical bills to pay and they be inflated cause them illegals never pays their own.

That Sarah filly be makin some rather bold statements with that uniform she be wearin. They might even be considered well rounded dependin on who's a lookin.
                        This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Of course, all those without medical insurance are illegal immigrants. Get rid of illegals and magically your medical bills will go down. Dream on redneck. I think you'll find a large amount of the uninsured are USC's and LPR's
                          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Why you think insurance is so high. There be a lot of people aint payin their bills. That means everyone else who do pay gots to pay their own plus cover those who ran out the door scott free. Check out what happened to los angeles ER. Shoot, most went bankrupt cause illegals, who made up around 40%, skipped out on their bills.
                            This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Wait..is that tort reform I hear? The Saviour of all things medical. 3% is all that will do while locking people into binding arbitration with review boards made up largely of industry individuals to ensure the lowest possible payments (if at all), regardless of how deserving the case might be.

Yeah great idea

The #1 reason dumb redneck that people aren't paying their bills is because they can't afford to. That includes USC's and legal immigrants. You make it sound like illegals are the single cause of high medical insurance. Jan Brewer would love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X