I-130 visa processing time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 visa processing time

I had posted a question earlier, but i finally figured out what USCIS meant when they had told us that we need to APPLY (and not file a petition) for the I-130 visa, since the petition has already been approved. They will be sending a package to be filled out and sent back to USCIS and then forwarded to NVC then back to the Embassy here in Armenia- i was very happy about the fact that we won't have to start the immigration process all over again, however the fact that paperwork will have to go through so many steps bothers me a bit- i would like to know what's the timeline for I-130 visa processing. will it take more than 6 months? If so, is there an alternative way to reduce the time? The previous replies have been very helpful and again, i would greatly appreciate any information on this matter.

I had posted a question earlier, but i finally figured out what USCIS meant when they had told us that we need to APPLY (and not file a petition) for the I-130 visa, since the petition has already been approved. They will be sending a package to be filled out and sent back to USCIS and then forwarded to NVC then back to the Embassy here in Armenia- i was very happy about the fact that we won't have to start the immigration process all over again, however the fact that paperwork will have to go through so many steps bothers me a bit- i would like to know what's the timeline for I-130 visa processing. will it take more than 6 months? If so, is there an alternative way to reduce the time? The previous replies have been very helpful and again, i would greatly appreciate any information on this matter.

Comment

Hi

Yes you are right - a lot of paperwork.
      you will get an Agent form first. Your petitioner will get a fee bill for $70. The after these two forms are sent, the petioner will get seperate Bills for each person he has sponsored - $380 for each person. He will also get the affadivit of support form to fill. I know all this as my case has reached till here - all done in one month - june-july 2005.

When all this has got to INS they will send the DS-230 Part-I whech each person fills and send to INS. After that all papers come to your home country for counseler processing and the interview is scheduled for all of you.

I will let you know the timeline as and when my case progresses.

Comment

Working...
      X