Ready to apply for GC based on marriage - Asylee married to US Citizen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to apply for GC based on marriage - Asylee married to US Citizen

I'm a US Citizen and my husband is an asylee. He arrived to US by crossing the Mexico border (EWI). After asylum was granted, he never submitted form I-485 to change his status. We are planning to submit our application package (I-130, I-485, etc) to apply for his green card. I was reviewing the I-130 form and noticed that under Part C -Information about your relative-, question 14 says: "If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following: He or she arrived as a:". Your options are "(visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)"

What should we answer to this particular question? EWI? or asylee? He submitted his asylum application (I-589) after he entered to US. I read somewhere that if your spouse enter without inspection, application will be denied because she/he won't be able to obtain a legal status while inside the US. Is that statement true?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

I'm a US Citizen and my husband is an asylee. He arrived to US by crossing the Mexico border (EWI). After asylum was granted, he never submitted form I-485 to change his status. We are planning to submit our application package (I-130, I-485, etc) to apply for his green card. I was reviewing the I-130 form and noticed that under Part C -Information about your relative-, question 14 says: "If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following: He or she arrived as a:". Your options are "(visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)"

What should we answer to this particular question? EWI? or asylee? He submitted his asylum application (I-589) after he entered to US. I read somewhere that if your spouse enter without inspection, application will be denied because she/he won't be able to obtain a legal status while inside the US. Is that statement true?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitsuko:

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes without inspection he cannot adjust. He will have to go back to Mexico and then appear at US Embassy in Mexico for interview.
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

Correct a Mundo!!!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

MIR,after asylum is granted you cannot go back to your country.

I think you also have to wait one year before applying to adjust your status.
          "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caribbeanman:
            MIR,after asylum is granted you cannot go back to your country.

I think you also have to wait one year before applying to adjust your status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM!!! . Takes Cheese To Get You Out These Days Buddy???? .

Wasnt Exactly In Whole Directing Towards The Asylum Part. .
            Remember MIR??? I Don't Share The Same Things. Doesn't Mean I Don't Comprehend or Have Full and Complete Knowledge Of The Situations Expressed. . I Share other Things and stir The POT! 5 Answers that all Sound Good optimism! Which One Will Guide You??? Without The Other Side To Show Flaws Most Will surely Fail!

Anyway I Am Glad To See Ya.
            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Working...
            X