HELP With Completing I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP With Completing I-130

Hi Everyone! I am completing form I-130 for my husband. He is currently still in school on F-1 visa and lives on campus while I graduated from the same school and living with my parents until he graduates from school so we can get a place together.

what do i write in the part of the form that asks last address where you lived together (question 21 on form)? does the school address hold? even though we didn't live in the same room while I was on campus?

Also, the question about where he intends to live (question 18 on form), what do we put since we haven't gotten a place together yet (that will depend on where he gets a job after graduation)

Hi Everyone! I am completing form I-130 for my husband. He is currently still in school on F-1 visa and lives on campus while I graduated from the same school and living with my parents until he graduates from school so we can get a place together.

what do i write in the part of the form that asks last address where you lived together (question 21 on form)? does the school address hold? even though we didn't live in the same room while I was on campus?

Also, the question about where he intends to live (question 18 on form), what do we put since we haven't gotten a place together yet (that will depend on where he gets a job after graduation)

Comment

Hi ABc

School is not a residence. It would be your parents home for both questions.

Are you also completing the I-485 package work permits etc etc along with the I-130? b/c the I130 will not give him status. He currently is in status with the F-1 that he has so long as the i-20 is kept current.

Comment

Thanks 4now!

And yes! I'm filing all other necessary forms too! Only Problem about using my parents house is, will they not verify if my husband has lived at my parents house before?

Comment

Where does he receive his mail? Is he using the campus address to receive his personal mail or does he receive it at your parents house? The location where the mail is received could be used but remember if he changed addresses you wouldn't want any USCIS mail ending up at the campus if he happens to move regardless of any forwarding they might appear to be efficient and accurate with. If, that's if, you've been using the parents address for his mail then I would continue using that address. A lot of people use the mailing address whether it's a home or a mailing service for the address to keep the address consistent on the forms. In your case, I'd think you'd be able to explain this but then again I'm not entirely sure and don't want to give you wrong info.

I totally agree with 4now on using the parents address. But I do think that the school could, if had been necessary, been used as a place of residence because it is a place of residency because one lives there and is legit. But yet, use the parents like 4now suggested. Keeps it all consistent.

Comment

Working...
          X