I-765 Approved - yeah!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-765 Approved - yeah!!!!

My I-765 has been approved and here is how I found out.

I made an Infopass Appointment at the beginning of this week to go and see an officer because I hadn't heard anything since I received my receipt on January 16th. After the first 90 days had passed, and, after putting in for a service request on 4/10, which is to have someone look at the file and see where things are hung up and to get things going, I still was sitting at home not knowing what was going on. Seemingly, that didn't do the trick either, so I made an Infopass Appointment. The idea to go there was actually to apply for an interim EAD.

I handed the officer the receipt and started telling her my story while she punched the number into the system. I ask for the interim EAD, I was told that they don't do that anymore and that all EADs are printed and shipped from one location....drum roll....she says: "this is been approved"!

So I swallow, hold my breath and say: "but, I didn't hear anything in such a long time and I haven't even received my biometric appointment yet. She said: "I'll give you one....have a seat"!

I was a really good girl sat down and waited for my biometrics appointment, which I now have and will undertake at the specified date.

So, although I don't have a card or a letter stating that I have been approved yet, I know that I am. How cool is that??

How about a little welcome song....Someone12....all the Anti's????

Regards,
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I made an Infopass Appointment at the beginning of this week to go and see an officer because I hadn't heard anything since I received my receipt on January 16th. After the first 90 days had passed, and, after putting in for a service request on 4/10, which is to have someone look at the file and see where things are hung up and to get things going, I still was sitting at home not knowing what was going on. Seemingly, that didn't do the trick either, so I made an Infopass Appointment. The idea to go there was actually to apply for an interim EAD.

I handed the officer the receipt and started telling her my story while she punched the number into the system. I ask for the interim EAD, I was told that they don't do that anymore and that all EADs are printed and shipped from one location....drum roll....she says: "this is been approved"!

So I swallow, hold my breath and say: "but, I didn't hear anything in such a long time and I haven't even received my biometric appointment yet. She said: "I'll give you one....have a seat"!

I was a really good girl sat down and waited for my biometrics appointment, which I now have and will undertake at the specified date.

So, although I don't have a card or a letter stating that I have been approved yet, I know that I am. How cool is that??

Regards,
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Somebody put S12, Sicko, Mr. Doofus, and the rest of his brood on LIFE-SUPPORT!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Kollerkrot! Very cool!!!! How good does it feel to finally have this resolved - and are you celebrating?

Comment

congrats german girl ;-)

Comment

Thank you everyone for the congratulations - they are being duly absorbed!! I am extremely happy!!

This is now ushering in a completely new era of my life. I will finally be able to be ME. Living undocumented is truly not a good experience and no one should have to live like this. Being capable in every aspect of being an upstanding individual, and not be able to adjust status to that of a legal/documented individual is in my eyes a form of political oppression. Oppression, something the whole of the American Constitution is so against was created and is excisting right here in our own backyard.

I hope that Congress will realize this and change the laws accordingly.

Cheers,

Comment

Woo hoo! Congrats! Happy to hear that some is making progress

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

Regards, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations to you

I just hope nothing shows up on your biometrics

I really don't understand how they could approve you without doing the background checks first?

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!

now get out and get a job!!! hehehehe

really pleased for u girl..

Comment

Thank you much!

I'll see what I can do as far as a job goes. During all this time waiting, I've started freelance translating and that is really picking up. I might not have to go and get a 9 to 5 job anymore afterall.

Maybe I can built the American dream wearing my PJs?

All the best,

Comment

Hey Kollerkrot - I did the American dream the last four years of my career at Verizon! There are lots of telecommuting jobs out there. It would be nice to find one, though, that gets you out of the house from time to time. Mine allowed me to travel every other month which kept me sane - lol! But, I'm happy you have this burden off your shoulders!

Comment

Working...
                      X