Waiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver

Are Forms I-601 and I-212 enough to allow me entry into the U.S. or must other waivers accompany them also?

My husband suffers from frailty and needs me to return to the U.S. to be his caregiver. I was deported for illegal entry and criminal convictions three years ago. Will both Forms I-601 and I-212 be enough to allow me re-entry or do we need to file additional waivers?

Are Forms I-601 and I-212 enough to allow me entry into the U.S. or must other waivers accompany them also?

My husband suffers from frailty and needs me to return to the U.S. to be his caregiver. I was deported for illegal entry and criminal convictions three years ago. Will both Forms I-601 and I-212 be enough to allow me re-entry or do we need to file additional waivers?

Comment

It seems to me that your husband would also have to file an I-130.

(And you regulars need to step up and tell me if I'm wrong.)
      --------------------
      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Can I ask you some questions?
        Why did youget deported??? was it because you entered illegal OR criminal convictions???
        What status did you have prior to be deported??
        Where are you from???

Comment

You will need a good waiver, with alot of evidence to show that your husband needs you in the U.S. and that he can't move to your country. Since you have a criminal conviction you are going to have a harder time getting the waiver. You have to be able to show that you have reformed. Which country are you in?
          I am not a lawyer! I don't give legal advice! I just state my opinion!

Comment

I got deported for violating probation repeatedly and I was adjusting my status prior to being deported. I'm from Nicaragua. I signed to be deported and quit fighting my case in the U.S. as the attorney suggested and my husband and I did abandon our case a year ago but since have decided to give it another go.

Also, can someone please, tell me if the Waiver of Inadmissibility, to receive Relief from Deportation the same as Form I-601; Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility, to apply for re-entry after deportation? I haven't got around to researching Form I-601's requirements yet.

I do have several convictions for possession of controlled substances of more than 30 grams of marijuana but I wasn't charged as a drug trafficker, but a drug user instead. And I know one of the requirements of the Waiver of Inadmissibility is no conviction for possession of controlled substances of more than 30 grams of marijuana but I don't know if it's an Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility requirement also.

Comment

here's a link
              where I-601 being discussed.

I-601 Waiver

Comment

were you under TPS?
                Is your husband USC?

Comment

I'm not familiar with the term TPS and yes, my husband is a 71y.o. born-USC of Irish descent.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by se_vnt3:
                    I'm not familiar with the term TPS and yes, my husband is a 71y.o. born-USC of Irish descent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TPS = Temporary Protected Status. Has you husband filed any paperwork for you at all?

Comment

sheesh....why oh why does the US of A need another druggie? And let me guess....there's at least a 30 year age difference between these two....she no doubt watching the sands of time drift downward, circling like a vulture, waiting for the last grain of sand to drop.....well, I for one do not want you taking up valuable real estate or oxygen in MY country....stay in Nicaragua, deal your drugs, have a nice &lt;sniff sniff&gt; day.

Comment

What The **** Has Happened To this Country???
                        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

As I recall, she stated she'd been clean for 3 years. Of course, the biometrics will confirm that, but really - you could give her the benefit of the doubt.
                          --------------------
                          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Doesn't matter. It's not up to anyone here to decide. It's for the USCIS to sort out.
                            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

The way it works.. well, I won't say how it works, too many would take advantage of it, but in general you are more likely than not to succeed unless you have done everything possible to ruine your chances to make it.
                              And then you have only yourslef to blame.

Read instructions, stick to facts and only facts, list those and hope for the best.
                              They will approve it unless what I wrote above applies to you.

Good luck,
                              E.
                              http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Working...
                              X