Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON PLZ!

Ron,
    i just saw a thread where you explain that the fact that you had a family petition pending when you filed for your AOS based on a marriage to a USC helped a great deal in terms of shortening the timeline of the process.
    Well I have a family based petition with a January 1997 priority date on it, I filed my AOS based on a mariage with a USC in Sep 2002 in NYC...My ITW is coming up on June 2nd/2004 ..the earlier petition didn't help my case go fast.
    I wanted to know (even though it doesn't really matter now) if there is something I should have done for immigration to link both the petition and the AOS cases?
    Thanks!

Ron,
    i just saw a thread where you explain that the fact that you had a family petition pending when you filed for your AOS based on a marriage to a USC helped a great deal in terms of shortening the timeline of the process.
    Well I have a family based petition with a January 1997 priority date on it, I filed my AOS based on a mariage with a USC in Sep 2002 in NYC...My ITW is coming up on June 2nd/2004 ..the earlier petition didn't help my case go fast.
    I wanted to know (even though it doesn't really matter now) if there is something I should have done for immigration to link both the petition and the AOS cases?
    Thanks!

Comment

RON??
      Whaddup?

Comment

Hey Kalla!
        Ok so u have two petitions pending..No point in linking it since they have two different circumstances. Like u said its too late now. I am surprised though why your marriage AOS petition has taken so long? If you filed your marriage pet in Sept 2002, it's closing in to 2 yrs now. I mean have you already recv'd an interview time/date? Do you have a conditional GC? Do you have an 'exit' interview on June 2004?
        From my experience, it didnt matter if I had a relative petiton pending...Marrying a USC overides any other petition. The officer stated this to me. She acknowledged that I had a relative petition pending for many years...Since I filed for a USC marriage pet, my GC (conditional) was granted to me and my latter petition was closed as she stated. PLUS you never link petitons together either way, let the INS decide .
        Hope this helps..

Comment

Yeah RON!
          My itw date is June 2nd /2004!!!!!!!! in two weeks. In New York City 2 years is kind of the standard time for AOS!
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Wow that is so long ...In CA it takes anywhere from 6-9mox. But good luck...You should be fine and I seriously doubt you have much to worry about. Marriage petition (USC) is the fastest and perhaps the easiest

Comment

Working...
            X