Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to bring my gf to the US but.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to bring my gf to the US but.

Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance.

Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baipai:
      Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG !!! You are kidding, right?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baipai:
        Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        First, congradulations on becoming a USC. Second, I am assuming your gf cousin is related by marriage, not by blood. If by marriage, there will be no problems here. If by blood, it will create problems for your marriage. Third,if your gf is related only by marriage and BOTH of you are serious about having a serious, deep relationship, then file I-129F, the Fiance visa. This is the simpliest, direct approach for your ultimate dream to come true. You can find it here for more information on bringing your gf over.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by user99:

OMG !!! You are kidding, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          If she is related by marriage, then it will be fine. If not, that would violate local law.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

unless you are from a HillBilly State,where family marriage is "natural" lol

Comment

What an incestous relationship. The dangers of incest are numerous including birth defects. Talk of forbidden fruit.

Comment

Thank you guys. I am not kidding. Yes she is relate to me by blood, a daughter of my mother's sister. We are aware about having a birth defect or abnormal. So can i still bring her here as a fiance? Thank you

Comment

Thank you guys. I am not kidding. Yes she is relate to me by blood, a daughter of my mother's sister. We are aware about having a birth defect or abnormal. So can i still bring her here as a fiance? Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Well, you are going to have several problems if you bring her on any fiance/wife visa. It will be against state law for family members to marry, if if both consent. Second, USCIS might see this as immigration fraud. Third, you will have to clearly explain the cultural nuances, if there are any, that marriage to your cousin is for love and is culturally acceptable in your and her culture. Not sure if both of you are Thai, but I do not think this is the norm for Thai culture as well.

Best advise is to seek other avenues, like employment or school, if she really wants to come to the US.

Comment

Hudson: With all due respect, but the couple's cultural norms in their country of origin are completely IRRELEVANT. Given that they aspire to live in America, it is only OUR cultural (and legal) norms that are relevant.

Americans need to find their backbone...and stop pandering to immigrants. We should expect immigrants to assimilate to our norms and to speak our language...and the fact that we are apparently pandering to THEIR cultural and linguistic norms is outrageous.

Quite honestly, if an immigrant's cultural norms are so important to them, perhaps they should stay home.

Comment

marrying first cousin is legal in some states in the US; however USCIS doesn't accept it as valid when it comes to acquiring immigration benefits through such marriage.

Comment

If you want to marry this person, I recommend you go to Thailand to marry her because the standard USCIS will apply is whether it is legal to marry your first cousin in Thailand.

Because the law varies from state to state in the US, I say 1) make sure it is legal in Thailand and 2) go there and marry her and then bring her here on a K-3 visa.

Comment

first of all thank you all gentlemen. I really appreciat your advices. Yes we are really in deep relationship. Andn yes we both are Thai. She does not care much about coming to live in the US but I'm the one who want her to live with me in the state. It would be d_mn for me if the INS reject me and her. What if I hire a lawyer to present my case am I going to have any chance?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                            Hudson: With all due respect, but the couple's cultural norms in their country of origin are completely IRRELEVANT. Given that they aspire to live in America, it is only OUR cultural (and legal) norms that are relevant.

Americans need to find their backbone...and stop pandering to immigrants. We should expect immigrants to assimilate to our norms and to speak our language...and the fact that we are apparently pandering to THEIR cultural and linguistic norms is outrageous.

Quite honestly, if an immigrant's cultural norms are so important to them, perhaps they should stay home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Sundevil,
                            it is relevant when dealing with different cultures and importing those cultures into the fabric of the American society via immigration, marriage, business, etc. That is what American culture is very distinct and unique, although every culture has its own uniqueness.

I will give you two examples and let see how well the Socratic method works on you.
                            Example #1: How the Japanese auto industry implemented the Just-in-Time management system.
                            Example #2: Chinese cuisine and food in todays normalization of America's restaurant industry.
                            Example #3: Martial arts being used in todays films which the films are not martial arts genre.

Comment

Good point Hudson ! America represents the world, that's what attracts people the most. It's true, there is economic motivation, but the cultural aspect is important as well. It does not matter where you are born on this planet, you will always find something in America you can identify with.

There are rich countries that are stuck with their own cultures and as a result, are not able to attrack even tourists.

User99, guess this was an eye opener for you. Because you were told that you cannot marry a cousin does not necessarly mean a universal truth for the entire planet. In some cultures, it is perfectly ok.

As for the scientific argument, I have become very sceptical of scientist, especially social scientists. If you come up with a new technology, I will respect that because I can use it and see the benefit (that be in medecine or internet I am using to communicate with you right now). But, be very careful of people who make scientific claims in social science no matter how much fear they put into you to accept their claim. Of course, you owe to respect the law if politicians pass a legislation about it, but it is a good thing to put it in perspective and not buy it as it was from GOD.

God bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X