Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNULMENT DUE TO FRAUD ...HOW AND HOW HARD

My wife of five years "Sveta" (not real name) recently told me she wanted to get divorced. My first response was disbelieve although she was more of a spectator to her marriage than a participant and rarely engaged in those activities that most married people take for granted. We are just coming up on our fifth anniversary and it seems to me to be more than coincidence that the timing of her sudden and happiness with our marriage coincided with her recent graduation from college (debt-free) and making it through the three-month probation. At her new $80,000 a year job that she got by virtue of graduating from college what makes the timing not seem coincidental is the fact that three months prior her best friend illreena also recently graduated from law school and one month before she graduated she began storing new furniture items in our garage when I asked my wife why she was doing that she informed me that she was preparing to leave her husband a doctor now that she has finished law school also debt-free, two weeks after her graduation she left him and moved in with her boyfriend immediately. However God was watching and after two tries she has yet to pass the bar so much for karma. A third friend one evening announced after having drank too much to the other two girls while I was listening that she didn't know how they could stand waiting so long and that she had other plans notably and soon thereafter she accused her husband of spousal abuse had him removed from his house and taken to jail and while in jail she looted their apartment and he came home to a new restraining order and a near empty apartment. All three of these women regularly... like in daily... visited a web site called Russian women abroad. That web site if you venture into the just for us girls section and could read Russian would find step-by-step instructions on how to circumvent the immigration laws of the United States right down to the specific claims they should make to the police etc. etc. in other words folks we have been bamboozled. On a have decided to file for an annulment of our marriage and have collected a good assortment of question-and-answer .. how to .. information from that web site there is no question in my mind at all that my wife entered into her marriage fraudulently and with that intent took everything she could take including and expensive college education and now as suddenly as her friends has decided that this marriage has run its course. Does anybody have any experience or information they can offer regarding similar marital fraud cases and or annulment cases that would be helpful to me in having this marriage annulled. The main reason for an annulment versus a divorce is due to my strict Catholic religious views but also to send a message to the Russian Federation that this type of fraud won't be tolerated anymore. Thanks for any help in giving

Bamboozled in Beaverton Oregon
    BECAUSE EL REY SAYS SO

My wife of five years "Sveta" (not real name) recently told me she wanted to get divorced. My first response was disbelieve although she was more of a spectator to her marriage than a participant and rarely engaged in those activities that most married people take for granted. We are just coming up on our fifth anniversary and it seems to me to be more than coincidence that the timing of her sudden and happiness with our marriage coincided with her recent graduation from college (debt-free) and making it through the three-month probation. At her new $80,000 a year job that she got by virtue of graduating from college what makes the timing not seem coincidental is the fact that three months prior her best friend illreena also recently graduated from law school and one month before she graduated she began storing new furniture items in our garage when I asked my wife why she was doing that she informed me that she was preparing to leave her husband a doctor now that she has finished law school also debt-free, two weeks after her graduation she left him and moved in with her boyfriend immediately. However God was watching and after two tries she has yet to pass the bar so much for karma. A third friend one evening announced after having drank too much to the other two girls while I was listening that she didn't know how they could stand waiting so long and that she had other plans notably and soon thereafter she accused her husband of spousal abuse had him removed from his house and taken to jail and while in jail she looted their apartment and he came home to a new restraining order and a near empty apartment. All three of these women regularly... like in daily... visited a web site called Russian women abroad. That web site if you venture into the just for us girls section and could read Russian would find step-by-step instructions on how to circumvent the immigration laws of the United States right down to the specific claims they should make to the police etc. etc. in other words folks we have been bamboozled. On a have decided to file for an annulment of our marriage and have collected a good assortment of question-and-answer .. how to .. information from that web site there is no question in my mind at all that my wife entered into her marriage fraudulently and with that intent took everything she could take including and expensive college education and now as suddenly as her friends has decided that this marriage has run its course. Does anybody have any experience or information they can offer regarding similar marital fraud cases and or annulment cases that would be helpful to me in having this marriage annulled. The main reason for an annulment versus a divorce is due to my strict Catholic religious views but also to send a message to the Russian Federation that this type of fraud won't be tolerated anymore. Thanks for any help in giving

Bamboozled in Beaverton Oregon
    BECAUSE EL REY SAYS SO

Comment

ha-ha-ha

Comment

OK, so what were her real reasons why she wanted to divorce you? From your post, no fraud was mentioned. You mentioned she graduated from college and has a great job. You gave an ambiguous remarks about her, and maybe you, were spectators in the marriage and not participating. To spice up the story, you gave some instances where her friends were doing the same thing. But again, nothing indicated intentional fraud. The one who got drunk cannot be reliable because she was under the influence.

Sorry, no fraud was mentioned per 8 USC Section 1325(c). You may however, get an annulment from the Catholic Church, if you meet the criteria, but that has very lttle weight in divorce proceedings in the state.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Okey, am sorry for the predecaments happening in your life in this foreign world,one there is no fraud BUT get a lawyer and explain that there was a misrepresentation and now when you thought you were starting a life together, she is on her way out.Your Attorney maybe able to convince the judge during divorce and she MAY be compelled to pay you back what you have invested on her, that is the school fee.It has become the daily thing for women/men to do that and from there she will be free to go her way though having wasted your time which you can't be paid back.

Wish you the best.If all fails, count your losses and move on.

Comment

Sorry, but what happened to you is not unusal - thousands of women and men leave their spouses after obtaining an education and/or a good job. It is the luck of the draw.

Get a divorce. A state 'legal' annument has nothing to do with a church annument. They are filed differently and the proof is different. Get a lawyer and go to your priest. Both will tell you what to do and how to go about it.

Comment

Get the annulment based on fraud and sue for damages plus emotional damages; juries will be sympathetic; get $$$$$$$$$$$$$ immigration will do nothing to help you GOOD LUCK

Comment

YOU MUST see a lawyer IMMEDIATELY and file a.s.a.p.

See imbra.org

Comment

Bamboozled in Beaverton Oregon-Дебил.

Comment

EvrBlanco, can you find your picture here?
                    I am sure you can.

http://www.happydate.info/forum/view...s...mp;start=0

Comment

Another ****ster bites the dust

Comment

HERE IS A COPY OF ONE PART OF MY PLEADINGS I FILED THIS MORNING AS PART OF MY PETITION FOR ANNULMENT ..THX FOR ALL OF THE GREAT ADVICE...has anyone been successful suing for the emotyional damages after the fact and/or breqch of contract ?? i didn't go into the minute detail of every instance of fraudulent actions by Ms. Vetch (not her real name ..lol) but the supplemental filings I will be making will show the enbezzelment of 1000's of dollars etc

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR THE STATE OF OREGON
                        COUNTY OF ______

In re the Marriage of:
                        DOUGLAS FIRTREE,
                        Petitioner,
                        and
                        COMMON VETCH,
                        Respondent )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        )
                        ) Case No.:

AFFIDAVIT OF PETITIONER IN SUPPORT OF PETITION FOR MARITAL ANNULMENT – FRAUD, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE FOR JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

ORS 107.015, ORS 106.030

COMES NOW the petitioner Douglas Firtree who certifies and swears as follows: I am hereby petitioning this court for an order annulling the marriage between the parties entered into on August 21, 2001 on the basis that the marriage was a direct result of a fraud undertaken and carried out by the Respondent upon the Petitioner, rendering the marriage null and void or void able. This motion is based upon ORS 107.005 and ORS 106.030 and on this affidavit.
                        JURISDICTION AND VENUE
                        Jurisdiction is proper in this court because both parties have resided in _____ County since February of 2002 venue is proper in the ____ County Circuit Court family division because both parties live and work in ____ County and have lived in _____ County for the past nearly 4 years

PARTIES
                        The petitioner Douglas Firtree is now in at all times relevant (August 31 through present) an individual and a citizen of the United States of America and the state of Oregon. The respondent, Common Vetch, is a citizen of the Russian federation and has lived in the state of Oregon since approximately June of 2001. The parties were married on August 31, 2001 in the city of ______ in the county of clients up in the state of Oregon. There are no allegations of spousal abuse and there are no children of this union.
                        STATEMENT OF FACTS
                        The parties were married on August 31, 2001 at the end of the respondents 90 fiancé visa issued under I -- 120 nine half of the Federal immigration code. In the application the parties stated that they were entering into a valid and legal marriage that was not fraudulent in any way with the intent upon being married until death they do part. Chapter 106 of the Oregon revised statutes reads as follows:
                        CHAPTER 106-MARRIAGE
                        Statute: ORS 106.030: Void able Marriages Text:
                        when either party to a marriage is incapable of making such contract or consenting thereto for want of legal age or sufficient understanding, or when the consent of either party is obtained by force or fraud, such marriage shall be void from the time is so declared by judgment of a court having jurisdiction thereof

CHAPTER 107- DISSOLUTION AND ANNULMENT AND SEPARATION
                        Statute: ORS 107.015: Grounds for Annulment or Dissolution of Marriage Text:
                        A judgment for the annulment or dissolution of a marriage may be rendered for the following causes:
                        1) When either party to the marriage was incapable of making such contract or consenting thereto for want of legal age or sufficient understanding
                        2) When the consent of either party was obtained by force or fraud provided that in the situations described in subsection 1 or two of this section the contract was not afterward ratified.

THE FRAUD
                        The respondent entered the United States in June of 2001 from the time of respondent's entry into the US until the marriage in August and extending until approximately November 10, 2001 when the petitioner lost his job respondent did a good job of playing the part of the "good wife". It wasn't until the petitioner was unemployed for all of two weeks that the respondent became extremely demanding and abusive towards the petitioner as well as the petitioners minor children. During the period of unemployment the only thing on the respondents mind was moving to Portland and joining up with other Russians who had similarly emigrated some legally and some he legally. Over the course of the next two to three years all marital relations that one would customarily enjoy and take for granted in a marriage were discontinued at the behest of the respondent who claimed that she had suddenly "lost all interest entirely in having any *** or relations whatsoever" respondent spent little if any waking moments at home during this time choosing instead to spend all free time with repressed Russian girlfriends and in obtaining her degree at _________ which she received in the summer of 2005 and from which she was able to graduate 100% debt free to do the petitioner paying for all for expenses if the exception of a small scholarship she received his prior to her final year. Her best friend Ill-Rena had similarly married an American man, a doctor, who paid for her entire law school education from _________and from which she also graduated debt-free thanks to her husband paying the entire bill. Just prior to her graduation from law school the same best friend of the Respondents began to store household items of furniture at our house when asked why it was explained to me that she was accumulating some household possessions in anticipation of her graduation from law school, after which she planned on immediately leaving her husband as she had "no more use for him". She was true to her word, and subsequently within weeks of graduating from law school she rented her own apartment, told her husband she wasn't happy, moved while he was gone, filed for divorce, and within a month had moved her boyfriend into her apartment with her. A third Russian girlfriend of theirs named "Nadieschde" also married to an older American man and upon her arrival immediately began sleeping with other men. When she was in imminent danger of being divorced herself for her infidelities she filed a false allegation of spousal abuse with the Multnomah County Sheriff's office and the Portland Police Department, had him evicted from his home and arrested and filed immediately for asylum under an obscure law that immediately grants resident status to victims of spousal abuse, sullying and besmirching the good name of the soon-to-be ex-husband. While he was being illegally detained by authorities and being denied his freedom due to the false police report of his "Russian Bride" she used that opportunity to further deprive him of some of his personal property. The source of all of the immigration legal advice and "how to's" on circumventing U.S. immigration laws, as well as providing step-by-step instructions on how to essentially see that the fraud they committed at marriage successfully culminates with the "newly divorced" wife getting all of the benefits of the sham marriage and leaving used, ruined, broke and slandered men in their wakes. This Internet site is set up for the exclusive purpose of providing this type of information to other Russian women, and is called "Russian Women Abroad" the respondent spent hour's on most days reading from and interacting with legal advisers and other Russian women in ongoing criminal enterprise established to circumvent and frustrate U.S. Immigration laws and which would easily qualify for special criminal RICO treatment under federal criminal laws
                        ///
                        There are many more instances of this fraud being committed by the respondents other close friends establishing that she sought out these people for their support and advice. In fact out of all of the respondents Russians friends I cannot name one who did not commit similar fraudulent acts as are being charged by the Petitioner in this case. Also upon her arrival of the respondent insisted that the petitioner do everything in his power to help us her establish credit only in her name, she refused to buy a house with the petitioner it would make it more difficult when it came time for divorce in. The respondents fraudulent scheme which she has recently carried out was to wait until she had been in the United States and married for the minimum of three years or until such time as she was finished with her degree and the petitioner was finished paying for her it the latter of which occurred last summer however it was only 2 ½-3 months afterwards, which coincided perfectly with the end of her probationary period at Nike the respondent just like her friends and just as instructed on her Russian women's forum announced to the petitioner that she was no longer happy and wished to divorce and move that was on December 17, 2005. Further the respondents credit report shows by the inquiries from property management companies that she was actively looking for and contemplating another place to live far be it for that during the marriage the respondent did work a part-time job or two but the money she earned was never put into the household in any way and she secreted this money along with any other money she could get her hands on in separate and secret accounts of various banks all over the Portland area by last count the petitioner has counted and verified that the respondent has established three to four active checking accounts at three to four different banks and at least three credit unions. She insisted that the parties on nothing jointly and putting her insistence that she get her own car a nearly new BMW and
                        There is case law says that "to constitute a valid marriage the parties must enter into a mutual agreement or consent to the marriage relation as contemplated by law" The Respondent breached this contract between us and defaulted on our marriage agreement 2-3 years ago. She has told me that she had "used me from the start" when she met me in Russia and that she has "never had any genuine feelings for me or my family" and "what did I expect?"
                        These pleadings will be augmented significantly with exhibits and legal briefs walking the court through the constant pressure cooker she turned our house into and how during 5 years of marriage I have never seen her clean a bathroom or run the vacuum even one time.
                        This type of fraud combined with a great acting job and perhaps an over ripe male ego at the time and the Respondents false professions of love and fidelity and forever were not heartfelt in the least. She has told me that she knew when she was going to get divorced before she even knew who she was going to get divorced from.
                        "Fraud" is defined as "The intentional and successful employment of cunning, deception, collusion; or artifice used to cheat or deceive another person whereby that person acts upon it to the loss of his property and to his legal injury"1 and "A deception, intended to wrongfully obtain money or property from the reliance of another on the deceptive statements or acts, believing them to be true."2 These definitions seem to fit the Fraud contemplated by the statute and also the conduct and results obtained by the Respondent.
                        I discovered this fraud back in December 2005 and the Respondent moved out the next day. The Respondent and I have not "ratified the contract" or co-habitated since that time. And are therefore candidates for an annulment and
                        I am requesting of this court the opportunity to prove the allegations I am making and requesting that once the court is convinced of the fraud that has been perpetrated in this case and the fraud that is being perpetrated all around us by other Russian women that the court will annul this fraudulent marriage and send a message to the girls of the Russian Federation that they will no longer be able to prey on innocent good hearted men in -------County of the State of Oregon ever again because when they do they get sent back home.

I am petitioning this court for a judgment of annulment of this marriage or in the alternate for a judgment of dissolution of this marriage as outlined in the Petition for Dissolution filed herewith.
                        Dated this _____ day of ________ 2006

1. www.utcourts.gov/resources/glossary.htm
                        2. www.titleguarantynm.com/terms_f.asp
                        BECAUSE EL REY SAYS SO

Comment

........"I had my 4 year trial and now I want my money back"

****ster is a destiny.

Comment

El Ray,
                            Nothing in paragraph 4, entitled Fraud, can be proven on circumstantial evidence. More than likely, a first year law student could defend your estranged wife by counterfiling a "No Fault" divorece petition and the judge will probably agree. The best thing for you to do is to let it go, move on, and spend as little time and money on the divorce. Otherwise, you will prove her legal filings of irreconcilable differences between the two parties.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

I don't agree with Hudson's advice to let go and move on. Clearly, he hasn't been deceived.

Although your vows in marriage may indeed have been "until death do us part" that is not a legally binding statement. The Courts have acknowledged that parties may choose to end the union. Hwoever, if you wish for your annulment claim to be heard, you're going to have to prove to the Court that your wife, when entering the marriage, withheld vital information from you, upon which you relied to your detriment, and armed with knowledge of that information, you would not have married in the first place. The voidable nature of a marriage and the fraud go hand in hand, in my opinion.

However, Hudson has a point on the fraud allegation. In order to make the fraud stick one must demonstrate that all of the following elements exist:

an individual intentionally makes an untrue representation about an important fact or event

the untrue representation is believed by the victim;

the victim relies upon and acts upon the untrue representation;

the victim suffers loss of money and/or property as a result of relying upon and acting upon the untrue representation.

Keep your Statement of Facts, concise and chronological. A brief synopsis of the years of marriage and the events that took place. If you wish to characterise your wife as being akin to others, make sure that the actions of the others don't make hers pale by comparison. Your brief appears to do that in my opinion. It would be better to find some case law of annulments to cite, where your wife demonstrates the same planned and contrived steps to achieve her goal. (Her friends actions have not been tried) Make footnotes pointing to or leave the legal Standard of Review until the end to reiterate and reinforce your request of the Court.

You might wish to look over the five crucial elements of fraud and fashion your argument to prove them.

Also, I'd recommend you be more factual and less opinionated. Generalisms such as "the fraud that is being perpetrated all around us by other Russian women" doesn't have a place in your pleading.
                              The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation