Name Change Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change Question

I am a USC marrying a South African citizen next Saturday, November 6th. We are going to try and file our AOS packet a week or so after the wedding, but I would like to change my name.

If I change my name before we mail in the AOS packet, do I have to do anything besides just put my new last name wherever it asks for my family name and list my maiden name wheneve asked for other names used?

Should I mention in my cover letter that I have changed my name?

My main concern is because all of my tax returns for my affidavit of support will have my maiden name on them and the actual form will have my new name

Please let me know any advice

Thanks so much!!!

I am a USC marrying a South African citizen next Saturday, November 6th. We are going to try and file our AOS packet a week or so after the wedding, but I would like to change my name.

If I change my name before we mail in the AOS packet, do I have to do anything besides just put my new last name wherever it asks for my family name and list my maiden name wheneve asked for other names used?

Should I mention in my cover letter that I have changed my name?

My main concern is because all of my tax returns for my affidavit of support will have my maiden name on them and the actual form will have my new name

Please let me know any advice

Thanks so much!!!

Comment

You put your new name wherever it asks for your new name, your maiden name wherever it asks for former names, and you should include a copy of your marriage certificate where it documents both maiden and new married name. This is a very common occurrence (that the wife assumes the husband's surname).

Comment

thanks again!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I hope the sun shines brightly on that day for you.

Sphy

Comment

Working...
          X