Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any rule preventing Frequent visits on B1/B2 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rule preventing Frequent visits on B1/B2 ?

Hi,

Was wondering whether anyone could shed light on whether its permissable to visit the US on a B1/B2 visa frequently ?

My brother has been a student in this country for 10+ yrs (B.S. & M.S.) and has returned to India for good. However, he visits the US or has need to frequently. Is there any law that can bar him from doing that. For eg. he was in the US last december and is planning on returning again end of this month. Will BCIS give him any trouble?

He has never over stayed his visa and has never accepted employment and/or a dime from the US tax-payer. He comes here to visit his inumerable friend s and also discuss business with a company that has an agency agreement with his company back in India. Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

Was wondering whether anyone could shed light on whether its permissable to visit the US on a B1/B2 visa frequently ?

My brother has been a student in this country for 10+ yrs (B.S. & M.S.) and has returned to India for good. However, he visits the US or has need to frequently. Is there any law that can bar him from doing that. For eg. he was in the US last december and is planning on returning again end of this month. Will BCIS give him any trouble?

He has never over stayed his visa and has never accepted employment and/or a dime from the US tax-payer. He comes here to visit his inumerable friend s and also discuss business with a company that has an agency agreement with his company back in India. Please advise.

Thanks

Comment

The general rule is the more visits you take the more they get suspious. Multiple trips with short periods in between them always raises scrutiny as they might suspect intended migration.
      Having never violated the visa helps but not much as overstaying would only need to happen once.

Your brother should be fine but he can expect some more questioning, make sure he brings proof of strong ties to his homecountry.

A visa is a permission to enter the US, not a guarantee. The immigrationofficer has the right to refuse entry.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

A close friend used to come all the time on a visitor's visa (the B-1 right? even though he was a visa waiver citizen. Occasionally for almost a year with a break in between before 5 months were up and he used to file non-resident-alien taxes because if you stay for more than 180 days at any given year (doesn't have to be in one stretch, but say you come and visit for 4 months, leave for 3 months, and come back again for another 5 months in one year, you need to file U.S. taxes.

After Sept. 11th he was questioned of course, what he was doing so frequently here, working or what? He proved with his passport stamps that he had never overstayed, broken any immigration or U.S. laws, had residency in his hometown and had always filed U.S. taxes when he had visited more than 180, so the law was completly behind him, they finally let him enter but instead of the planned 4 months, the permission was for only 1 month - and he left well before the 1 month was up. He is now a GC holder but it paid off to obey the law at all times and prove it when confronted with a suspicion. As you were told earlier, the visa is just a permission to ask if you may come in, not a guarentee that you can demand to let in...

Comment

Thanks for your inputs. Appreciate it ...

Comment

Working...
          X