Work visa versus citizens' rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work visa versus citizens' rights

I immigrated to the US on a family basis. I am an USC now. I have been working for the same employer for over 6 years. My employer has never helped me in any immigration related issues. I had degrees and certificates from my native country that were not valid here in the US. I went to school again, I took many tests, and now I have all the necessary documents to continue in my position. It happened that now, my employer put me in a position that does not require the certifications that I have. Now, I am feeling misplaced on the job. At the same time, they hired new employees on a H2B or H1B visa to perform the job that I am skilled and certified here to perform.

I know that there are immigration laws that protect American workers. I need to know the link to USCIS or any website that points to those laws. I want to print those laws, show them to Human Resources personnel, and request the position because I should have priority over a new employee with a visa.

I don't know if they are doing this for lack of knowledge, but I bet that it is to save money because foreign and new workers will earn less.

Please, any advice about the actions I should take will help me.

I immigrated to the US on a family basis. I am an USC now. I have been working for the same employer for over 6 years. My employer has never helped me in any immigration related issues. I had degrees and certificates from my native country that were not valid here in the US. I went to school again, I took many tests, and now I have all the necessary documents to continue in my position. It happened that now, my employer put me in a position that does not require the certifications that I have. Now, I am feeling misplaced on the job. At the same time, they hired new employees on a H2B or H1B visa to perform the job that I am skilled and certified here to perform.

I know that there are immigration laws that protect American workers. I need to know the link to USCIS or any website that points to those laws. I want to print those laws, show them to Human Resources personnel, and request the position because I should have priority over a new employee with a visa.

I don't know if they are doing this for lack of knowledge, but I bet that it is to save money because foreign and new workers will earn less.

Please, any advice about the actions I should take will help me.

Comment

Working...
    X