have you heard any thing about V visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you heard any thing about V visa

Hi every body please help me,if any body heard about extending date of V visa .
    I appreciate in advance

Hi every body please help me,if any body heard about extending date of V visa .
    I appreciate in advance

Comment

There is a bill H.R 3701 which addresses the V visa, is pending in the house of judiciary committee.

Here is an e-mail from Congresman Rob Andrews' (NJ) Office:

"I wanted to inform you that we have drafted legislation to extend the V-Visa Program, and we intend to introduce the legislation shortly after Congress comes back into session on January 20th. This bill would extend the filing deadline to January 1, 2011 (an extension of ten years). It would also decrease the waiting period from 3 years to 6 months. Congressman Andrews' strongly believes that families should be given the opportunity to stay together, and we believe that this change will make this much more possible. Rep Sheila Jackson-Lee, the Ranking Member of the Immigration Subcommittee, has already agreed to be an original cosponsor. Thank you again for your support throughout this process--please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions"

108TH CONGRESS

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to extend the provisions governing nonimmigrant status for spouses and children of permanent resident aliens awaiting the availability of an immigrant visa, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

A BILL

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to extend the provisions governing nonimmigrant status for spouses and children of permanent resident aliens awaiting the availability of an immigrant visa, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representa-

tives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. NONIMMIGRANT STATUS FOR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN OF PERMANENT RESIDENTS AWAITING THE AVAILABILITY OF AN IMMIGRANT VISA.

Section 101(a)(15)(V) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(V)) is amended_

(1) by striking ˜˜the date of the enactment of

the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act,'' and in-

serting ˜˜January 1, 2011,''; and

(2) by striking ˜˜3 years'' each place such term

appears and inserting "6 months"

Check out this website: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...hreadid=109096

Comment

Working...
      X