Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a IRS number in getting Valid Licence??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a IRS number in getting Valid Licence??

i have no SSN can a present a IRS tax ID???

i have no SSN can a present a IRS tax ID???

Comment

What state do you currently reside in?
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

california....

Comment

I believe R nold was trying to pass some law that wouldnt require illegals to have SS as proof for DL. Best thing to do is call the Div of Drivers License for your state, they would pretty much know whats up

Comment

Each state has its own requirements and guidelines for issuing licenses. All states require that you be a resident of that state before you can get a license there. Other than that the rules vary greatly. I believe that California is one of the "proof of legal presence" states. If so, you would need to show proof of legal presence. Additionally it is possible that some types of legal presence, like B1 or B2 would not be sufficient (you would not be considered a resident of the state). If you can show that then you may or may not need a SS#. I recomend that you check the website for MV in your state. Some stes *do* accept ITINs.

Comment

The ITIN numbers are illegal to use in any other capacity besides filing your income tax. The IRS changed the format of the letter they sent out so it doesn't look like it can be used as an identification of any sort.

I know where I am in Oregon, illegals can still get D.L. without legal status. Just Birth Certificate and utility bill or something showing residency in Oregon.

Comment

What about if you live in georgia - what are the requirments for a driving licence??

Comment

Can i use IRS number also in applying for a job? instead of SSN??

Comment

No, you need SSN in order to fill out the I-9 when you are first hired. A tax ID number will not suffice.

Comment

hi... do you have an idea how long is the overall process having a H-1B visa??

Comment

Working...
                      X