Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Statut

Dear All.
    Please let me tell you that I am using a nick name and not my real name.
    My self and my wife are in the US under B1/B2 Visas.
    We arrived to the US on october 2005 and our I-94 expires on April 2006.
    My wife just gave birth to a baby boy and by the 14th Amendment he is a US citizen and he wont sponsor his parents untill he is 21.
    But we would like him to rise in the US and live in a country that give the right value for a human beeing.
    What can we do to stay? What kind of visa can we change to? Can we change to an F1 visa temporarely?
    Please advise because we decided not to exceed our stay illigaly.
    Best Regards,

Dear All.
    Please let me tell you that I am using a nick name and not my real name.
    My self and my wife are in the US under B1/B2 Visas.
    We arrived to the US on october 2005 and our I-94 expires on April 2006.
    My wife just gave birth to a baby boy and by the 14th Amendment he is a US citizen and he wont sponsor his parents untill he is 21.
    But we would like him to rise in the US and live in a country that give the right value for a human beeing.
    What can we do to stay? What kind of visa can we change to? Can we change to an F1 visa temporarely?
    Please advise because we decided not to exceed our stay illigaly.
    Best Regards,

Comment

I believe nowadays that you generally have to apply for changes from visitor's visa to F1 (you do mean a student visa?) from outside the country. However, that's a nonimmigrant visa, just as the B visas are, and also you need to be accepted by a US university and be able to show you can pay the fees. An H visa is a possibility, if you can find a sponsor and if they are not all gone for the fiscal year. That too is a nonimmigrant visa, but allows you to intend to stay here. Doesn't guarantee it, however. You'd still need to find a company to sponsor you for a green card to remain longer than six years. Any options you have are the same ones that were open to you before you came here on a visitor's visa, and before you had the baby.

Comment

So you travelled here when your wife was 6 months pregnant in order to have your child born a US citizen. Thats what is called ananchor baby and you are oneof the reasons that there are representatives trying to abolish the provision that allows citizenship thru birth alone in the Us.
        Your child is a us citizen but you arent and you dont have any right to live here at all..you havent even been here for a year...id advise you to go back home and start again properly with a student visa or some other legal form of immigration....using your child is wrong .

Comment

I didn`t say and I am not using my son.
          I have my own company abroad and If I stay I will setup my own business.

So please don`t think I am going to be taking advantages of the system.
          I have a bachelor degree in management.
          I need your advices please

Comment

You had it. You have the same options you had before you came here. Your child changes nothing. If you have the money, you can apply for an investor's visa, but I'm not sure that even that enables you to get a green card.

Comment

Having a U.S. born child makes NO changes in your immigration status/eligibilities. You still have to follow the same path to change to a different non-immigrant/immigrant status. Your child's U.S. citizenship becomes relevant to your immigration attempts only after he turns 21.

Cheers.

Comment

I took my kid to the hospital today for normal cheking. And there I`ve seen a social worker that will introduce me to a lawyer this month and try to help me.
                The US govenement gives alot of advatages to a kid once born here, but I need to provide evry thing to my kid with my work.
                I want him to grow in a country that gives value to humain beeing not like our stupid countries.
                Even my own country will not give my gid what America gave him up to now from his mom preganancy till today 7 days old.
                I am smart and hard working man and I don`t need any help from governemt, all I need is a work permit to rise my kid.
                Does a letter from the social worker help in getting something?
                I don`t want to brake the rules, but sometimes we can strech them legally.
                Best Regards,

Comment

About the only thing you can do to stay here is either to apply for asylum (not 100% sure what the procedure is) or simply turn illegal (can't believe I just said that).

Comment

No I refuse to turn illegal. What is asylum?
                    Can you please explain?

Comment

How can I apply?

Comment

Your main resourse now should your attorney, not this board.

For self-education you can read this in the mean time http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/imm...ypes_1326.html

Comment

its sad that you dont seem to realize that you do not get anything for having a us citizen child...i should know..i had THREE with a US citizen and i was with him in another country BEFORE I came here and STILL there was nothing I could do to adjust by Myself. i repeat THREE US citizen children with US citizen father and I lost count of the do gooders who tried to help me until I realized that t here was NO way i could get help with adjusting unless i got married to a us citizen which at that time i wasnt trying to do.
                          I was one of the lucky ones who actually met a guy who isnt perfect but loves me and i love him and it all worked out for the best but that took 8 years of being out of status struggling with 3 usc kids and yes you can get medicaid and foodstamps for the kids but thats all and trust me its nothing. Im trying to save you from your own desperation. In the end the BCIS will catch up with you because you obviously dont have a case for asylum at all and if you were wealthy in your own right you would have known before you stepped in the country with your wife that you couldnt adjust based on your chil.
                          iknow this will fall on deaf ears.You are desperate and hard headed..you wont believe me will you ? Because all you can see is the American dream which is real but it can fast become the American nightmare when you are are out of status so use the return portion of your ticket and take your wife and new baby home where you can provide for them.
                          good luck

Comment

Here we have yet another example of a visa cheat...I don't imagine this jaggoff paid the hospital bill (several thousand dollars)...instead, he and his dimwitted wife scammed benefits from the US taxpayers.
                            If this is not true, please post the paid receipt showing that you, Mr. Big Businessman, paid the bill.
                            So how was it that your wife "forgot" she was pregnant and had her brat here? Who is running your 'big business' in whatever $hithole country you are from?
                            Having a US brat does not award you nor your wife any status...and the idea that you are going to invest some vast sum of money is pure camel d u n g.
                            You did not even pay your own hospital bill, so why should we believe you are going to be the next Donald Trump?
                            Go home, and take your child with you....you are nothing but a visa cheat, a liar (you told our immigration folks you were going to stay a few weeks, not a few months) and just plain dirtbag. Leave.

Comment

Someone12, I am not going to reply to what you wrote, just because I am really better that you and your durty mind.
                              You must be paying alot of taxes and that explains why you are mad.
                              Don`t worry If I stay I`ll pay taxes too and pay for other people and just to remaind you America is a melting pot and no one was here from the beginning.
                              Correct me if I am wrong. Try to go back to your relatives, you`ll find out that they came from different parts of the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X