Visa Processing Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Processing Time

My fiance is from E Europe, and I am an American. I would like to hear from other American citizens who are engaged to be married on how to expedite the visa process, and/or how long it has taken to get your loved one to America. I cannot afford to go back to see him, and it has already been nine months. It is bleeding me financially, emotionally, and spiritually to the point I am crying all the time. Some good news please, if you have it.
    Thank you

My fiance is from E Europe, and I am an American. I would like to hear from other American citizens who are engaged to be married on how to expedite the visa process, and/or how long it has taken to get your loved one to America. I cannot afford to go back to see him, and it has already been nine months. It is bleeding me financially, emotionally, and spiritually to the point I am crying all the time. Some good news please, if you have it.
    Thank you

Comment

Fiance Visa...k-1 visa.

Comment

You did not state what kind of visa he is applying for. If he asking for a B2, do not expect a positive reply because he will have a hard time convincing the embassy he would be returning to E Europe. A fiance visa requires some effort on your part..you have to filed some papers (amongst them an I 129F and some others) and send them to the INS processing center in your region. Then after about 3 months or so, if approved, the package will be sent to the embassy in the country where your fiance lives (2-3 weeks); the embassy will send out some papers for him to process and return and assign an interview date...this could take 1-2 months, depending on the workload of the embassy. How to expedite? No realistic way because until the embassy gets the papers, nothing can be done and embassies cannot just put someone at the front of the queue for convenience and thus place others at the back of the queue for no reason,

Comment

http://k1.exit.com/touristhome.html

Comment

We have filed papers with the visa processing center in Nebraska, paid the fine, paid the lawyer, and I am wondering how long it will be before I see him again...

Comment

Working...
            X