I 130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130

I filed I-130 for my son at the Chicago office. The application was received in September 2008 and I got I-797C receipt number. Does anyone know how long is the wait. When will he get a visa number?

Thanks!

I filed I-130 for my son at the Chicago office. The application was received in September 2008 and I got I-797C receipt number. Does anyone know how long is the wait. When will he get a visa number?

Thanks!

Comment

6 months to 1 year for minor child of US citizen.

Comment

- are you USC or permanent resident?
        - how old was your son in Sep 2008 ?

Comment

I reside in Pakistan ... I-130 just got approved ... do i have to fill I-485 now and then question is where to submit ...

I-130 submission date was april 2001, but INS date currently that they are running is 1999 ... so maybe its another year or two but should i fill out I-485 now or not???

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yousaf:
            I reside in Pakistan ... I-130 just got approved ... do i have to fill I-485 now and then question is where to submit ...

I-130 submission date was april 2001, but INS date currently that they are running is 1999 ... so maybe its another year or two but should i fill out I-485 now or not??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I-485 is only for those that are adjusting status within the US. You're not eligible for that since you're in Pakistan. The NVC will contact your sponsor once a visa number is available and your application is ready to be processed.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Could you please tell me;

How long will i have to wait for visa number??
              Then how long after when i get visa number???

Just a rough idea.

Comment

If they're currently processing applications from 1999, it would be another year or two before a visa number is available. After that it takes, on average, a year to get through the process.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Aneri,

I am a USC. My son is 28 years old.

Comment

Decent, you can find the current visa bulletin right here. If your son is unmarried, he would be in the first preference category.

You have a way to go before a number is available, unfortunately.

Comment

Could someone help out and let me know how long roughly will it take for my son to get a visa number. I tried the visa bulletin website and I'm still not clear on that. Thanks!

Comment

I'm going to assume he is unmarried, so he's in the first preference category. That's the first line of the first table.

So, for all but Mexico & the Philippines, they're currently processing applications from June 2004. Mexico is Sept 1992 and Philippines is Jan 1994.

Assuming your son is not in the latter two countries, you would be looking at around another six years.

Comment

Thanks Aroha ...

Comment

Aroha,

I am a USC. The time period you indicated is for GC holders (PRs) not USCs. Am I wrong?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by decent:
                              Aroha,

I am a USC. The time period you indicated is for GC holders (PRs) not USCs. Am I wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wrong, unfortunately. That's the time-frame for unmarried sons/daughters of USC's. If you were a green card holder, you could tack on another 2-3 years - they're in the 2B preference category.

Comment

Working...
                              X