A strange situation with I-130/I-485, Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange situation with I-130/I-485, Please help

I am a US citizen. I sponsored my parents' green card application in this summer. Their I-130 and I-485 were filed concurrently to Chicago office in June. My parents are now in US. In September, all their files (I-130 & I-485) were transferred to a California center local office. Today I received a letter said that my mother's I-130 was approved. However, it instructs my mother to contact a local office to obtain Form I-485. It also said that this letter should be submitted with the application. This is very strange because her I-485 was already filed along with I-130. Anyone has faced the same situation? Is there any thing wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I am a US citizen. I sponsored my parents' green card application in this summer. Their I-130 and I-485 were filed concurrently to Chicago office in June. My parents are now in US. In September, all their files (I-130 & I-485) were transferred to a California center local office. Today I received a letter said that my mother's I-130 was approved. However, it instructs my mother to contact a local office to obtain Form I-485. It also said that this letter should be submitted with the application. This is very strange because her I-485 was already filed along with I-130. Anyone has faced the same situation? Is there any thing wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comment

You may have bigger problems than an errant letter arising from a bureaucratic snafu. How did your parents get into the U.S.? If they entered on a visitor visa they may have committed visa fraud and entered illegally.

The basic premise upon which one (usually) receives a visitor visa is that they have demonstrated to the consular officer and border official that they DO NOT have an intention of immigrating.

Comment

No problem, what's happended is your Mothers original 1-485 cannont be processed until her prioity number becomes current. Don't worry.

Comment

Visa numbers for parents of US citizens are immediately available. No need to wait for a priority number to become current.

Waiting... sorry, cant help. It looks like CSC either missed (misplaced) or has never received I-485. You can always try to talk to someone in your local office...

Comment

i think you shouldnt have filed both forms togehter. you probably should have waited for the i-130 approval and then you probably can start the i-485. however, i am not a pro and i am just assuming!!!

Comment

Working...
            X