IMMIGRANT visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMMIGRANT visa

Person has applied for Permanent Residency from abroad and has been issued an Immigrant Visa. I understand that the Machine Readable Immigrant Visa can be used instead of the I-551 stamp for employment purposes for up to one year (pending receipt of the actual green card ).

Question: Is the MRIV valid for SUBSEQUENT TRAVEL after having made the initial entry? I know it SHOULD be ok but wanted to see if anyone here has had a problem or knows someone who has had a problem with subsequent entries on the MRIV. These days who knows what can happen!

The couple in question received Permanent Residence based on employment but left their infant child at home for fear of not being able to find suitable daycare. THey did not realize it would take so long to get the actual green card. Now they have found suitable childcare and are understandably quite anxious to be reunited with their child.

thanks

Person has applied for Permanent Residency from abroad and has been issued an Immigrant Visa. I understand that the Machine Readable Immigrant Visa can be used instead of the I-551 stamp for employment purposes for up to one year (pending receipt of the actual green card ).

Question: Is the MRIV valid for SUBSEQUENT TRAVEL after having made the initial entry? I know it SHOULD be ok but wanted to see if anyone here has had a problem or knows someone who has had a problem with subsequent entries on the MRIV. These days who knows what can happen!

The couple in question received Permanent Residence based on employment but left their infant child at home for fear of not being able to find suitable daycare. THey did not realize it would take so long to get the actual green card. Now they have found suitable childcare and are understandably quite anxious to be reunited with their child.

thanks

Comment

Does it say on the visa itself? something like Single or Multiply entry?

Comment

Question #1: Yes, and it can be extended for more time if necessary. If they make an info pass appointment, they can get a temp copy of the 1-155 - they can the travel and work. I thnk they have to do this - get the temp copy of the green card at the district officewithin a certain time frame.

PR based on employment means child should have received derivitive status - which means the child got a green card too! The child should be with them.

Comment

Working...
        X