Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.

Hello.
    I am interested in any suggestions you may have as I am searching for a different lawyer.

In May 1999 I came to the United States with a Visa. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the law that required me to apply for asylum within one year of entering the country. There were changes in my political situation, so I filed my application three months after the deadline. The first step was the interview with the INS, in which I was denied. Then I took my case to the court and was also denied. I appealed the judges ruling in October 2002 and I recently received a letter on May 28th approving my right to appeal the ruling and requiring a brief regarding my case, for which I have 30 days to file. Since the appeal, filed in October 2002, I got married in September 2003 with a US citizen (I know her from five years and we are both students) and my wife immediately filed an I130 petition. We have not heard from the INS regarding the I130 which means that we cannot use that in our appeal, to our understanding.

I am considering getting a new lawyer that is more capable of fighting for our case. All we want is to be together and we are in search of a lawyer that will help us make that happen. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your time.

Hello.
    I am interested in any suggestions you may have as I am searching for a different lawyer.

In May 1999 I came to the United States with a Visa. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the law that required me to apply for asylum within one year of entering the country. There were changes in my political situation, so I filed my application three months after the deadline. The first step was the interview with the INS, in which I was denied. Then I took my case to the court and was also denied. I appealed the judges ruling in October 2002 and I recently received a letter on May 28th approving my right to appeal the ruling and requiring a brief regarding my case, for which I have 30 days to file. Since the appeal, filed in October 2002, I got married in September 2003 with a US citizen (I know her from five years and we are both students) and my wife immediately filed an I130 petition. We have not heard from the INS regarding the I130 which means that we cannot use that in our appeal, to our understanding.

I am considering getting a new lawyer that is more capable of fighting for our case. All we want is to be together and we are in search of a lawyer that will help us make that happen. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Working...
    X